Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Re: Heads up keys and so Florida

I think I'm right in the gun barrel at the Sanibel Causeway. They're talking Cat 4 with a 12' surge - about 10' at my dock. We'll see, but this looks to be a lot worse than Charley, which devastated Sanibel. My kids' school is probably toast and perhaps our very storm-durable home as well.

So, we're just sitting at a Hilton in Ft Myers waiting for our lives to get turned upside down. It's a helluva night.

I sure hope my ol' Hatt will be alright...nothing more I could do at the dock to keep her from harm.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceClark View Post
    I think I'm right in the gun barrel at the Sanibel Causeway. They're talking Cat 4 with a 12' surge - about 10' at my dock. We'll see, but this looks to be a lot worse than Charley, which devastated Sanibel. My kids' school is probably toast and perhaps our very storm-durable home as well.

So, we're just sitting at a Hilton in Ft Myers waiting for our lives to get turned upside down. It's a helluva night.

I sure hope my ol' Hatt will be alright...nothing more I could do at the dock to keep her from harm.
    This was our cross to bear, but now that has shifted. Sorry and good luck. We still get high winds and possible tornados. Hope my enclosure is there afterword's. A tornado ripped the enclosure off our 34 some years back. Tropical weather can be nasty but it still beats snow and ice.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Sitting here in Punta Gorda Isles, hoping for the best. This may get very nasty tomorrow.

Good thing old Hatts are tough and never die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Best wishes to all my fellow boaters!

5. Re: Heads up keys and so Florida

There’s literally LIVE webcams pretty much everywhere in Florida now, so one doesn’t need to rely on those nonstop babbling heads on tv.

Preempting Jeopardy is crossing the line!!!
    Last edited by Retired1; 09-28-2022 at 02:44 AM.

New base line; Punta Gorda to Ponce Inlet.

We are just a few block in from Ponce in Punta Gorda Isles. At 8:30am, light rain, gusts to about 35-40. Water in canals has been sucked out and we are about 2-3 feet below normal tide levels.

Storm is still SW of us by about 30 nm, placing the upper part of the eye west of Cape Coral.

Looks like current track predictions may take Ian just a bit north of us here in PGI. Any deflection north will help us survive this storm.

I do hope to remain a member of SAM's come tomorrow.

They’re calling it cat5 now 155 mph. We’re just seeing deluge rains here in Vero Beach no wind yet. I’ve heard they worried about the levy’s of Lake Okeechobee. Lake level has been pretty high due to the rains.
    Attached Images
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Praying for the safety and the protection of property for all of my Sam's friends.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Here is a good link to NOAA tide stations in Florida. Water levels in Tampa are starting to drop, no surprise there with the easterly flow north of the storm. Almost 4’ below normal already.

https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/in...storm/Ian.html

We had quite a bit of rain yesterday here in sofl but since last night it s been pretty dry. Looking at the radar the east side of the storm is unusually dry this morning.

There has been a couple of possible small tornadoes touch down last night, incl planes flipped at an airport. Winds have been sustained at 30kts here in the grove with a few gusts close to 45/50kts
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat