Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Insurance for my 67 41C

Hello all,
    I purchased my 1967 41C last October and spent the best part of the winter months looking for insurance. I recieved several quotes, but when I tried to purchase the policy, they all said I had to contact them direct. It turned out that the boat was too old and they wouldn't issue a policy. I went through this season "self insured". My winter storage marina is requiring an insurance carrier, which leads me to my question. Do any of the old Hatt owners know of any companies that will insure a boat this old? Any help would be great. Thanks

Re: Insurance for my 67 41C

Quote Originally Posted by Old Hatt67 View Post
    Hello all,
    I purchased my 1967 41C last October and spent the best part of the winter months looking for insurance. I recieved several quotes, but when I tried to purchase the policy, they all said I had to contact them direct. It turned out that the boat was too old and they wouldn't issue a policy. I went through this season "self insured". My winter storage marina is requiring an insurance carrier, which leads me to my question. Do any of the old Hatt owners know of any companies that will insure a boat this old? Any help would be great. Thanks
    Try United Marine Underwriters

https://www.unitedmarine.net/boat_insurance/
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Thank you for the info. I just left their site and they couldn't give me a quote. They came back with a "pending review" message. I guess I just hve to wait for their email. Thanks again for the help.

I may be able to help, do you have a fairly current survey?