Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Space Coast Hatteras Club

Hey folks, a few months ago I posted about a group of Hatteras enthusiasts gathering in October in Ft. Pierce Florida for fun. I have had a number of folks sign up and make their arrangements at Ft. Pierce City Docks. I put together a Facebook group that may or may not have been a great way to communicate, but it was free (you get what you pay for). Anyway I would like to invite any and all in the neighborhood Oct 7th - 10th of 2022 to come hang out, tour some boats, and maybe learn a thing or two. I'll be honest I am not sure the best way to communicate to all so if you have any interest send me a message on here with your e-mail. I can send you the itinerary. We have a few folks who will speak and some swag to go around. No need to let me know if you can't come until the next one because I wont remember . Thanks for passing the word. BTW I live on Merritt Island in Florida, No longer in Seabrook TX. need to figure out how to update that...
    riverrandy
    1975 64' MY Hull# 305
    Merritt Island, FL
    Cape Crossing Marina

Re: Space Coast Hatteras Club

Quote Originally Posted by riverrandy View Post
    Hey folks, a few months ago I posted about a group of Hatteras enthusiasts gathering in October in Ft. Pierce Florida for fun. I have had a number of folks sign up and make their arrangements at Ft. Pierce City Docks. I put together a Facebook group that may or may not have been a great way to communicate, but it was free (you get what you pay for). Anyway I would like to invite any and all in the neighborhood Oct 7th - 10th of 2022 to come hang out, tour some boats, and maybe learn a thing or two. I'll be honest I am not sure the best way to communicate to all so if you have any interest send me a message on here with your e-mail. I can send you the itinerary. We have a few folks who will speak and some swag to go around. No need to let me know if you can't come until the next one because I wont remember . Thanks for passing the word. BTW I live on Merritt Island in Florida, No longer in Seabrook TX. need to figure out how to update that...
    Wow, sounds great. Somehow I missed this. Thanks for organizing.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

I spoke to Randy.

So far he has a presentation from Scania on their marine engines and another from Victron on batteries and power systems. He mentioned a 3rd but I can't remember who it was.

I'll be there Saturday by land (can't get th3 time to run a boat down) and look forward to meeting some new members.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrandy View Post
    I’m only about 15 minutes away in Vero Beach how many do you have coming?
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

5. Re: Space Coast Hatteras Club

Try to visit the Backus Museum which is adjacent to the marina on the north side. In the same way New Orleans has a local music scene, Fort Pierce and Vero Beach has a huge fine arts scene revolving around the culturally unique Florida Highwayman painters. It all began with the local artist AE Backus. The museum explains it all.

In the off chance, any of you are into mountain biking, we have a private trail here that’s one of the best in Florida. 8 miles in the shade. I would be happy to take you as my guest. I have a mini van that allows bikes to stand up.

Love Fort Pierce, as it’s the last vestige of “old Florida” that thankfully has escaped the crazy growth that’s effected the rest of Florida.

Would love to stop by to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    I’m only about 15 minutes away in Vero Beach how many do you have coming?
    Right now just about 6. But you can call the .ari a for a slip a d just let me know. riverrandy66@gmail.com
    riverrandy
    1975 64' MY Hull# 305
    Merritt Island, FL
    Cape Crossing Marina

Quote Originally Posted by Rich60175 View Post
    Would love to stop by to visit.
    Come one, come all! Love to see many folks.
    riverrandy
    1975 64' MY Hull# 305
    Merritt Island, FL
    Cape Crossing Marina

Logo.jpgFall Hatta-Fest
    October 7-10, 2022
    Ft. Pierce City Dock
    Agenda
    Friday 10/07/22 Arrival
    · 12 Noon to 5 PM welcome teams help to tie up.
    o Teams with fenders and line handling skills will help all tie up.
    · 5PM Docktail Party and Yacht Hop
    o Everyone is invited to tour each boat, and will receive the “House” special drink
    · 7:30 PM Yacht-Luck supper
    o Bring your favorite boat dish to the Admirals table. (Location TBD)
    o Sign up for Protein, vegetable, starch, or dessert [riverrandy66@gmail.com]
    o BYOB
    Saturday 10/08/22
    · 8 AM – 12 PM Downtown Ft. Pierce Farmers Market
    · 10:30 -11:30 Yacht Improvements (Scott Bickwid)
    o Inverter/charger and other Electrical knowledge
    · 11:45-12:30 Capital Improvement (Repowering?)
    o Mack Boring and Scania USA
    · 12:30 PM – 1:00 PM Box Lunch provided by Mack Boring
    · 1:00 PM – 3:30 PM “Treasure Hunt”
    o Van ride to Marine Unlimited [limited to 1 credit card per vessel!]
    o Walk to town and find some shops. [she has the other cards]
    · 4 PM – 6PM Naps and or round table discussions [or both]
    · 7:30 PM Dinner at a restaurant TBD
    o Drinking, dancing, and other chicanery!
    Sunday 10/09/22
    · 8 AM – 10 AM Mad-Hatteras Tea Party Part 2 THE AWARDS (Location TBD)
    o Coffee, Mimosa, and Bloody Mary and odd hats
    · 10:30 -12:30 “This Old Yacht” (Speaker TBD)
    o A fellow Hatter will walk us through a project from their boat
    · 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM Lunch in town on own.
    · Boat Talk.
    o Spend the afternoon sharing stories and reviewing boats.
    · Diner on own
    Monday 10/10/22
    o Ship out…Party is over…time to return to reality…Fair Winds and a following sea.
    riverrandy
    1975 64' MY Hull# 305
    Merritt Island, FL
    Cape Crossing Marina

Space Coast Hatteras Club is forgoing the Fall Rendezvous this weekend in Ft. Pierce. There are so many displaced yachts from the West Coast of FL that slips are now critical. We will re schedule probably in the spring.

We will have a meeting, dinner, and cocktails at Cape Crossing Resort This Friday at 7PM. IF you have any interest, PM me.
    riverrandy
    1975 64' MY Hull# 305
    Merritt Island, FL
    Cape Crossing Marina