Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Datamarine Gauges

I have these two depth and speed gauges on my flybridge. They don't work and I am trying to remove them. They have a ring on the back and I was able to remove them. However the gauges don't want to slide out the front of the dash. Anyone have experience removing these gauges? Might they be caulked in? I tried beating lightly on the back side of one and it still won't budge. Thanks,
    Attached Images
    Dragonten
    1981 53' MY Hull #603
    Woodstock, Illinois

Re: Datamarine Gauges

Someone may have put some sealant behind the rim of the devices. You may have to take a razor blade and work around them to free them up from the fiberglass first.

Tape around them so as not to damage the paint. Then work a very thin putty knife around the edges.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Don't hurt the displays if they are still good. They make good repeaters for the old Standard Sandpiper depth & sounder systems.

I don't believe they are working anymore, but that might be because some sender wires were cut. The senders are definitely not connected. I am not sure what you mean by repeaters?

Thanks,
    Dragonten
    1981 53' MY Hull #603
    Woodstock, Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonten View Post
    I don't believe they are working anymore, but that might be because some sender wires were cut. The senders are definitely not connected. I am not sure what you mean by repeaters?

Thanks,
    I have the same depth display on my bridge. It is a remote display (repeater) for my SandPiper depth unit at my helm.
    If the LCD displays are not sunburned, I would like to dispose of them for you. Maybe with their sun covers?

They don't have sun covers. When I get them out happy to give them to you. Not sure I can easily get at or remove sender wires without cutting them however. Let me know.
    Dragonten
    1981 53' MY Hull #603
    Woodstock, Illinois

Should be a power plug and screw terminals for the signal. When in doubt, cut the wires some 4 to 6 inches away. It's the LCD that in important to me.

I will do that but might be a while until I get to it. It is a winter/spring project. Thanks,
    Dragonten
    1981 53' MY Hull #603
    Woodstock, Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonten View Post
    I will do that but might be a while until I get to it. It is a winter/spring project. Thanks,
    I'm still on the fence weather to remove our whole flybridge and not have anything up there. In a few months, I may have a pile of stuff including my DataMarine displays to move.
    Now that my plans for a Dry Tortuga return has been squashed.