Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

anyone have info on 1989 Hatteras 40 DC for sale in Boat trader in TN

Appreciate any info on https://www.boattrader.com/boat/1989...40-dc-8425669/
    1989 Hatteras 40 Dc listed in Boat trader located in Soddy Daisy ,TN.
    much appreciated
    Felix

Re: anyone have info on 1989 Hatteras 40 DC for sale in Boat trader in TN

I looked at this boat in person. It's in very nice shape overall and if I remember correctly the engines (at least 1) were rebuilt by a very knowledgeable DD mechanic in SC where the boat came from. Don't quote me on the rebuild but I do know a reputable mechanic did a complete engine survey on them recently. The owner is very helpful as well. It was just too small for what we need.. we are a family of 6 lol.

Also if you're interested I can send you the owners contact info.

Quote Originally Posted by MJER View Post
    I looked at this boat in person. It's in very nice shape overall and if I remember correctly the engines (at least 1) were rebuilt by a very knowledgeable DD mechanic in SC where the boat came from. Don't quote me on the rebuild but I do know a reputable mechanic did a complete engine survey on them recently. The owner is very helpful as well. It was just too small for what we need.. we are a family of 6 lol.
    Appreciate the input. But after looking at it (nice boat and just reduced the price) I too think its too small. Also I am retired and the engine room looks like I would have a hard time working in it. Thanks
    Felix