Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Steering system upgrade?

Have Hynautic dual station on My 1973 Hatteras 43 DC. Will not work with my Garmen autopilot. What steering syst. should I upgrade to? Put Garmen 5000 and network with autopilot 12 yeats ago but never tried to set up the autopilot until now. With my upcoming, solo, first trip down the ICW I need a working autopilot. Any advice on a new steering system?

Re: Steering system upgrade?

I'm confused with "will not work with" .
    What system do you have that would be different from many other installations as to not work?

Your post offers no information for anybody to work with.
    Last edited by Captain Ralph; 09-03-2022 at 07:06 PM.

Pretty much every boat under 100’ out there uses some variation of hynautic steering. All you need is the correct pump to send fluid to the cylinder. Maybe you have the wrong pump but with no details it s impossible to suggest anything
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

And post your location. A few members here are in the business and can help guide you as well as potentially do the work and get it functioning properly. Going to replace mine this winter and it will be done by a forum member.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP