Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

78 43dc forward shower sump

Hi, new to forum. Just bought a 78 43dc and trying to update and fix the broken stuff. My question concern the forward head shower sump. It looks like there is supposed to be a lid for the sump but it's apparently long gone, is there a replacement available or do I need to fabricate something up? Thanks! Paul

Re: 78 43dc forward shower sump

Is yours fiberglass and built into the boat? If so you don’t need a lid. If it’s plastic and it was put an aftermarket you could use a lid or replace the whole thing. I’m not sure what the 43 footers came with but are you running 32 V or 12 V?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Yes, it's fiberglass and attached to hull. I figured it must have a lid of some sort just for the splash factor and the smell.

I will look at mine in the morning and let you know.
    1979 43 DC #510

No lids on ours, fore or aft.
    Brett Portzer 1972 Hatteras 43DC331
    2019- SUPERNOVA Waterford, NY
    1977-2019 CAROL-SUE Baltimore, MD
    1972-1977 C.VALPRISANN IV Boston, MA

If you live aboard it should not be an issue. If you’re a weekender pour a 1/2 cup of bleach or vinegar before you leave to get rid of the sour smell of stale soapy water.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Welcome to the forum.

No lid on our shower sumps either forward or aft. Does not appear to have ever been one. Ours are cycled everyday, washing machine drains to the front one and master shower is used at least twice a day so no odors problems, as Rusty said if you need to put a little bleach in them if not used often.
    Admiral-- Marilyn
    Captain--James
    1980 43 DC Hull#526
    Twin DD 671 TI

Quote Originally Posted by Jims43DC View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

No lid on our shower sumps either forward or aft. Does not appear to have ever been one. Ours are cycled everyday, washing machine drains to the front one and master shower is used at least twice a day so no odors problems, as Rusty said if you need to put a little bleach in them if not used often.
    No lids on either of mine.

Washing machine? Where is that located?
    1979 43 DC #510

Quote Originally Posted by 43DoubleCabin View Post
    No lids on either of mine.

Washing machine? Where is that located?
    The dinette on the port side was refitted for a chest freezer and also washer/dryer combo. prior to our ownership, it works very well.
    Attached Images
    Admiral-- Marilyn
    Captain--James
    1980 43 DC Hull#526
    Twin DD 671 TI

Quote Originally Posted by Jims43DC View Post
    The dinette on the port side was refitted for a chest freezer and also washer/dryer combo. prior to our ownership, it works very well.
    Well now, that’s very interesting. Is your galley stock? Mine is and I’m trying to collect ideas on it up fit.
    1979 43 DC #510