Thanks to DRBURKE, this has landed where it belongs LOL. In my haste, I had it posted in the Parts for Sale thred, so now its here! Thanks DR...The newbs dont know me, so look at the bottom right for some long running threds. Its time to pull out; Ill share the prize! Read on..AHHHH! Peace and quiet. The boat was listed on about 6 FB forums last nite and by bedtime, I had probably 500 inquiries. Heres the story; its not a joke and it will be C&Pd across all the boards on FB. Priciples only please; no brokers. The boat is lying in south Chicago, and needs a complete set of batteries to get the boat running and moveable under her own power. Theres 1000 gallons of fresh fuel on board. I bought the boat in New Orleans (NOLA) in 2006 post hurricane RITA. The owners in Jennings La. (fresh water) were without power for 6 weeks, so they left in their camper. The boat sat at their dock until battery power was depleted and she sank with a 45* star. list in 6 feet of fresh water. I bought it as insurance salvage (not a salvage title!) Two new starters, alternators and batteries in NOLA and she was ready to make the trek home, via Mobile and the TomBigbee waterway. She ran flawlessly. Over the next four years in Chicago a LOT was done to her when my life took a turn. My S.O. and I were going to live aboard and travel back to Florida. We both decided to move to Wisconsin on Lake Michigan to be near her family. I was unable to pay for the Hatteras and my pocket yacht 36 foot Roamer (had that 50 years this year) so the Hatt had to go. My freind that helped transport her offered to by it. He was working at the oil sands at Ft. McMurray Ca. when he became disabled and was no longer able to pay me the outstanding balance.. He has lived aboard the boat since 2011 until recently, when he decided that he needed to return to Plant City Fl for his family needs. His 25 year old son is in town, cleaning the boat for a sale. Its over 200 miles away, so he's the sales man. I have a 100% clean title in my name and the storage is paid until 12-31-2022. Its a shame I cant type bullet points here on FB, so this is going to seem like a run-on story, please bear with me. I have well over 200K into the boat, that ideally is worth 150K. Thats boating. Its at about 70-75% completed as far as a project goes. Very little soft goods are there, most of the 8 A.C. units are inop, and the running 30 KW Westerbeke is in place but not hooked up. There is some minor superficial damage to paneling in the rear salon from window leakage. These are really the worst points on the boat. The good? Start at the top with the 2000lb Marquipt crane and 78 mile color Furuno radar, all fresh AWLGRIP paint on FB with a single soft spot on the floor repaired. Below is a 15K custom sliding glass door aft in the salon. Complete wet bar with working ice maker. Below. the triple cabins were converted into TWO with a giant master bath and new port side master bed. Forward is an unfinished guest cabin. The two heads have new Atlantes Freedom heads at 2K each. Forward is the engine space with TWIN 12-71N Detroits with Allison MH20 gears that run good and use little oil. Port side gear was rebuilt by Kalamazoo gear . All the running gear by me has less than 5 hours on it since in Chicago. Good shafts with SIX new cutlass bearings and both props reworked by AirMarine in Chicago (6K) Naiad Stabilizers work. Forward is a galley down with a nice side by side full size fridge,new 3 burner Princess stove, new stackable whirlpool washer and dryer unit (never had water in them!) up to the crews can area with private head. Boat was entirely stripped inside with 20 gallons of gloss spar varnish applied. Above is a working IDEALL windlass with a stockless 100 lb navy style danforth anchor. Brand new deck box (6 feet x 2 x 3) with tons of 100 foot docklines and fenders suitable for a Panama Canal transit. (read the REGs for that!). Outside was painted with AWLGRIP prior to my purchase. I removed the wood aft spray rails (20 feet long) and installed new fiberglass units from TOM SLANE at the cost of $17,000. The aft end had a 7 foot extention added by the previous own at Ft. Lauderdale in about 1995 for another $70K. All this includes TONS of brand new stainless hardware for the forward and flybridge handrails all new in the box ($1000's!!) New 220 Volt 50 foot shore power cord at $700, a NEW CHARLES 32 volt 3 bank battery charger ($1200) New exhaust hoses ($10/foot) and a myriad of other do-dads Ive forgotten. READ and RE-READ above and ask questions. I really need to realize 50K for the deal; as is, where is OR BEST REASONABLE OFFER. So now, if youre still interested, PM me here for specific pictures. I have about 2 TB of high quality digital pics of these projects in detail. This is the real deal. Forgot to ad the 25K bottom blister job done in 2005Thank You... Bill..
Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 08-29-2022 at 07:08 AM.
yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults
Edit / DeleteEdit Post Reply With QuoteReply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
Images
Re: Yoohoo!!
Good luck with the sale. Someone is going to get a project with most of the heavy lifting already completed.
Sky Cheney
1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
Images
Re: Yoohoo!!
Bill has been on this forum throughout this restoration, and you can likely find many threads [Big Chlll] of high value.

I formatted to make it clearer even though I hate to see her go! (Bill, you probably want to repost this in Boats For Sale.]

Quote Originally Posted by yachtsmanbill View Post
The newbs don't know me, so look at the bottom right for some long running threads.

Its time to pull out; I'll share the prize! Read on..AHHHH! Peace and quiet.

The boat was listed on about 6 FB forums last nite and by bedtime, I had probably 500 inquiries.

Heres the story; it's not a joke and it will be C&P'd across all the boards on FB. Pricipals only please; no brokers.

The boat is lying in south Chicago, and needs a complete set of batteries to get the boat running and moveable under her own power. There's 1000 gallons of fresh fuel on board.

I bought the boat in New Orleans (NOLA) in 2006 post hurricane RITA. The owners in Jennings La. (fresh water) were without power for 6 weeks, so they left in their camper. The boat sat at their dock until battery power was depleted and she sank with a 45* starboard list in 6 feet of fresh water.

I bought it as insurance salvage (not a salvage title!) Two new starters, alternators, and batteries in NOLA and she was ready to make the trek home, via Mobile and the TomBigbee waterway. She ran flawlessly.

Over the next four years in Chicago a LOT was done to her when my life took a turn. My S.O. and I were going to live aboard and travel back to Florida. We both decided to move to Wisconsin on Lake Michigan to be near her family. I was unable to pay for the Hatteras and my pocket yacht 36 foot Roamer (had that 50 years this year) so the Hatt had to go.

My friend that helped transport her offered to buy it. He was working at the oil sands at Ft. McMurray Canada when he became disabled and was no longer able to pay me the outstanding balance. He has lived aboard the boat since 2011 until recently, when he decided that he needed to return to Plant City FL for his family needs.

His 25 year old son is now in town, cleaning the boat for a sale. Its over 200 miles away, so he's the salesman. I have a 100% clean title in my name and the storage is paid until 12-31-2022.

Its a shame I cant type bullet points here on FB, so this is going to seem like a run-on story, please bear with me. [Gotcha covered, Bill!]

I have well over $200K into the boat that ideally is worth $150K (that's boating!).
Its at about 70-75% completed as far as a project goes.
Very little soft goods are there.
Most of the 8 A.C. units are inop.
The running 30 KW Westerbeke is in place but not hooked up.
There is some minor superficial damage to paneling in the rear salon from window leakage.

These are really the worst points on the boat. And the good? Start at the top:
2000lb Marquipt crane.
78 mile color Furuno radar.
All fresh AWLGRIP paint on FB.
A single soft spot on the floor repaired.
Down below is a $15K custom sliding glass door aft in the salon.
Complete wet bar with working ice maker.
The triple cabins were converted into TWO with a giant master bath.
New port side master bed.
Forward is an unfinished guest cabin.
The two heads have new Atlantes Freedom heads at $2K each.

Propulsion:
Forward is the engine space with TWIN 12-71N Detroit's with Allison MH20 gears that run well and use little oil.
Port side gear was rebuilt by Kalamazoo Gear.
All the running gear was rebuilt by me has less than 5 hours on it since in Chicago.
Good shafts with SIX new cutlass bearings.
Both props reworked by AirMarine in Chicago ($6K)
Naiad Stabilizers in working order.

Forward is a galley down with many new appliances:
Nice side-by-side full size fridge.
New 3 burner Princess stove.
New stackable Whirlpool washer and dryer unit (never had water in them!)
Crews can area with private head.
Boat was entirely stripped inside with 20 gallons of gloss spar varnish applied.
Above is a working IDEAL windlass with a stockless 100 lb navy style Danforth anchor.
Brand new deck box (6 feet x 2 x 3).
Tons of 100 foot docklines and fenders suitable for a Panama Canal transit. (read the REGs for that!).
Outside was painted with AWLGRIP prior to my purchase.
I removed the wood aft spray rails (20 feet long) and installed new fiberglass units from TOM SLANE at the cost of $17,000.
The aft end had a 7 foot extention added by the previous owner at Ft. Lauderdale in about 1995 for another $70K.
All this includes TONS of brand new stainless hardware for the forward and flybridge handrails all new in the box ($1000's!!)
New 220 volt 50 foot shore power cord at $700.
NEW CHARLES 32 volt 3 bank battery charger ($1,200)
New exhaust hoses ($10/foot) and a myriad of other do-dads I've forgotten.

READ and RE-READ above and ask questions. I really need to realize $50K for the deal; as is, where is OR BEST REASONABLE OFFER.

So now, if youre still interested, PM me here for specific pictures. I have about 2 TB of high quality digital pics of these projects in detail. This is the real deal. Forgot to add the $25K bottom blister job done in 2005

Thank You...
Bill

In addition to all the "children" that address life as a facebook post, I made this statement this morning:So now that some of the dust has settled, be informed, that this weekend is an open house on the boat. My friend Jake is holding the event. Im going to suggest getting there early with checkbook (certified funds or CASH MONEY for the dummies LOL) in hand. Some one will walk away a beautiful yacht owner. This will take place at 140th and Torrence avenue in Chicago on the Calumet River at Sunset Bay Marina. I am not sending out any more pics as its too time consuming with questions like "How big is the steering wheel" and "How many people will it hold" , the best yet, "What color is the compass?" Really now, I thought something like this would present itself to a more adult genre than that! To all those that have shown true interest, I thank you! To the rest? Get new batteries for your pacman game. TG CINDY? What can I say?? Bill in TR