Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Galley Maid Toilet stops working - seems pumpout related

Easier and cleaner to use a wet dry vacuum to suck it dry.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

The um “water” isn’t very clean. I wonder does the water sit at the stator until it’s flushed? I have an old shop vac I’m gonna trash so if I suck up the “water” from the bowl will it empty the big hose or just the bowl.
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.

Quote Originally Posted by MadHatter53 View Post
    The um “water” isn’t very clean. I wonder does the water sit at the stator until it’s flushed? I have an old shop vac I’m gonna trash so if I suck up the “water” from the bowl will it empty the big hose or just the bowl.
    Correct. It stops at the stator. If you plug up the vacuum cleaner hose around the sides you will be able to suck out all the water all the way through to the stater. Don’t forget to turn off your water that’s coming into the pump before you disconnect it to work on it.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Well it was the stator, it took longer to empty my bowl than to replace stator. After a few flushes I’m back in business. I should have ordered the rotor too as mine is plastic but it’s easy enuff to swap out if I need to.

. I should have ordered the rotor too as mine is plastic but it’s easy enuff to swap out if I need to.
    I always kept a kit of rotors, stators and seal kits on our GM equipped boats.
    Seems the hard plastic rotors lasted longer than the original brass/bronze ones did also.

I prefer the plastic as well. The brass ones pit so badly after a few years.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

That’s good to know, I’ll keep my plastic one then. I will order a spare of each to keep aboard.
    Raz marine was great to deal with and got my stuff in 3days.

That’s good to know, I’ll keep my plastic one then. I will order a spare of each to keep aboard.
    Raz marine was great to deal with and got my stuff in 3days.
    Also the water pump on the other end requires a different rotor and stator (same seal) and probably should have been replaced at the same time.

To further mess everybody up, GM makes just water pumps and sanitation treatment pumps. Mostly the same size these can use different rotation stators and rotors. Keep this in mind when R & L are used in the part numbers. Been here, lost my T shirt...