Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Need to downsize - 1985 55C

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Yeah but you’ve got red tide!
    So true. It was never even an issue until they started heavily dumping the big lake toilet on us and Jupiter. Now, it's an annual nightmare.

It's very depressing and nobody can seem to explain why they won't stop. Fish populations were decimated in the Keys too when the seagrass all died from not getting enough fresh water. It just doesn't make sense.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceClark View Post
    So true. It was never even an issue until they started heavily dumping the big lake toilet on us and Jupiter. Now, it's an annual nightmare.

It's very depressing and nobody can seem to explain why they won't stop. Fish populations were decimated in the Keys too when the seagrass all died from not getting enough fresh water. It just doesn't make sense.
    We get fish kills over here when the core of engineers panics during hurricane season and dumps the lake too fast. They blame big sugar and people fertilizing their lawns, but if you want a reality check take a look at the annual DEP report from your local water treatment plant. Every one has a column of how much untreated sewage is released into the rivers and bays. It’s shocking 10’s of millions of gallons a year. And with all the developments it’s only getting worse.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    We get fish kills over here when the core of engineers panics during hurricane season and dumps the lake too fast. They blame big sugar and people fertilizing their lawns, but if you want a reality check take a look at the annual DEP report from your local water treatment plant. Every one has a column of how much untreated sewage is released into the rivers and bays. It’s shocking 10’s of millions of gallons a year. And with all the developments it’s only getting worse.
    Florida is an ecological nightmare. In the 1950s the Keys were pristine with gin clear waters like the Bahamas. Swarms of Jewfish in 10 feet of water, everybody went home with a full cooler. At 22 million people Florida is a wasteland, but hey, I'll be there this winter because it's warmer than Illinois.

Hope you found a buyer for that beautiful 55' Hatt. IMO the 1980s 55' Hatts have the best lines of any SF ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras 1985 View Post
    Florida is an ecological nightmare. In the 1950s the Keys were pristine with gin clear waters like the Bahamas. Swarms of Jewfish in 10 feet of water, everybody went home with a full cooler. At 22 million people Florida is a wasteland, but hey, I'll be there this winter because it's warmer than Illinois.

Hope you found a buyer for that beautiful 55' Hatt. IMO the 1980s 55' Hatts have the best lines of any SF ever made.
    Too much sewage and tru green chem lawn run off. Even in sleepy little Vero Beach our sewer plant has untreated sewage releases in the milli of gallons each year. But boaters are the problem
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976

Better sell quick diesel just jumped over a buck here in Florida hate me but there is a newer style 55 HP I’ve been seeing pop up asking 175 also. I think in a falling market you need to price aggressively if you want to sell.

Endless Summer
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976

Trade pending

Hope it works out here’s one on Marketplace price is dropping
    Attached Images

Endless Summer
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceClark View Post
    "Fort Myers"

The East Coast of FL is a concrete nightmare.
    Agreed, I grew up in Jupiter and always thought I would move back for the surf, scuba, fishing and access to the bahamas. The traffic, snowbirds and culture just completely ruins it now. Basically Fort Lauderdale v2.