Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need to downsize - 1985 55C

I hate to say this but since I moved to Florida and away from my kids my 55 convertible is just too much boat for my wife and I both to maintain and handle. The large groups I used to fish with stayed as well and I am 40 miles from the nearest travel lift that can handle the boat. She is not yet a dock queen but it gets hard to justify taking a 55 foot boat offshore overnight with just two people onboard. I am tossing around putting her up for sale or an equitable trade for a smaller sport fish that is 36-40'. She is a nearly original 1985 model with very few modifications. If anyone is looking for a solid battlewagon that runs great or knows of such a person I am putting out here first before I list elsewhere or go the broker route. The listing includes:

Galley up version- 3 Heads-3 Staterooms

Washer/Dryer

4 Cruisair A/C units

Jenn Air Stove with Convection Microwave

Both helms rebuilt by Southern Charm 2021

Flybridge repainted with Awlgrip 2021

23KW M&L Generator apps 700 HR

Detroit 12V71TI's with approximately 3600 total HR. Previous owner's widow stated they were rebuilt but could not locate papers. He owned several GM dealerships. I have a story about it but at the end of the day no paperwork. They do not smoke and pass the Genesis test. I had them surveyed when I bought in 2017 and that is available

Updated exhaust risers

New exhaust blankets

RA Clarkson approved fresh water flush setup

Factory live well in cockpit deck

Garmin Electronics & radar - Simrad Autopilot - Vesper AIS

Original Nav lights converted to 12V LED

Many more things to list. I will post a few pics and can take more if needed. Had an in water insurance survey in October 2021. Thinking about asking $175,000 but like most everything it is negotiable.

IMG_2839.jpg
    IMG_0934.jpg
    IMG_0935.jpg
    Last edited by Briankinley2004; 08-23-2022 at 09:57 PM.

Re: Need to downsize - 1985 55C

IMG_2803.jpg
    IMG_2821.jpg
    Attached Images

Beautiful boat.. with 12v71s this would be the one to have.

Where is the boat located
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

What a beauty. You know you did something correctly in this life when your sportfish has a windshield wiper on the windscreen. I like your shorter tower, for sure.

If you want to zip around in a little 52C, just let me know! As my renovation has gotten to the later, easier stage, I might get 3-footitis.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Where is the boat located
    Hernando Beach, FL

About an hour North of Tampa by land

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceClark View Post
    What a beauty. You know you did something correctly in this life when your sportfish has a windshield wiper on the windscreen. I like your shorter tower, for sure.

If you want to zip around in a little 52C, just let me know! As my renovation has gotten to the later, easier stage, I might get 3-footitis.
    I like the 52's but the 55 engine room is much more roomier. Unfortunately a 52 is still too big for up here. There is one marina that hauls out a 42 Hatteras sport fish and they said they will not go any larger as it is barely workable on a flood tide. The other marinas are even smaller. My favorite to run was the 60 convertible. Being able to get to the engine room from the stateroom hallway is awesome.