Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Marine sanitation enthusiasts, holding tank question

Note the omission of the word “fellow”…. Does anyone know if this flange / bushing can be unscrewed or not? Is the plate threaded or is the the inset welded in? I know the elbow will come out.I do not want to break it if it is not supposed to come out. I am wanting to go from the existing size elbow to next size up that will fit when the bushing is removed.I am assuming the elbows are bronze. Is that correct?
    Attached Images

Re: Marine sanitation enthusiasts, holding tank question

Should be threaded into the plate, looks the same as mine, mine are all threaded holes.
    Brett Portzer 1972 Hatteras 43DC331
    2019- SUPERNOVA Waterford, NY
    1977-2019 CAROL-SUE Baltimore, MD
    1972-1977 C.VALPRISANN IV Boston, MA

Ok, thanks, I will give it a try. Should have put some pb blaster on it before I left.

They are threaded but will most likely teak. Drill the holes out and re-tap. Easy job. Just be ready for the smell once you open it.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Also about that plate... I'm getting head smell in the boat. An inspector found that the flange on top that everything connects to is leaking smell through a crack in whatever connects the plate to the tank. How is this plate attached and how is this issue fixed. All ideas are welcome!!!!

The access plate is held on by screws, going into nutplates inside the tank. You can carefully remove each individually and re-tap without damaging the nutplates or breaking the tank to cover seal. I had to do so after the bonding system failed and the screws all wasted away.
    Attached Images
    Matt
    1976 58' YF, Hull #410
    "Time Out West"