Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Glendinning Synchronizer question

Probably a basic question here, but I don't see it spelled out in the manual:

What happens if either the synchronizer fails or the master engine fails, with the slave engine at full throttle?

So, say you are cruising along at 1200 rpm with the slave throttle at full and the synchronizer tuns off?

The difference in throttle position would be significant and the boat would start to turn as the engine ramped up?

Same idea if the master engine itself cut out?

I understand how it works, from an operators standpoint, but not enough of how it actually works to understand what would happen if something failed, with one throttle lever maxed out!
    Brett Portzer 1972 Hatteras 43DC331
    2019- SUPERNOVA Waterford, NY
    1977-2019 CAROL-SUE Baltimore, MD
    1972-1977 C.VALPRISANN IV Boston, MA

Re: Glendinning Synchronizer question

Engines go to idle.

At least that is what happens when I accidentally turn the synchronizer off when it is properly engaged.

Bruce

Freestyle
    1986 62 CPMY (54MY with ext)
    Tampa

The slave being all the way forward is to allow full operational of throttle by the lead. Also serves as a big visual indication that synch is on. The lever has to be pulled back to engage throttle control.

So to answer the question it is not at full throttle, just looks that way.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Yep, Returns to idle.