Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Par utility pump

I know this is a long shot but just taking the chance. Anyone know where I can get a replacement for this Par utility hand pump? It was mounted in the forward head of my 1969 TC MY. I see no way I can rebuild this one as the rubber/plastic boots on each end have hardened over time to the point they would split if I tried to remove them. Currently the pump handle is frozen in place.
    Attached Images

Re: Par utility pump

Not any help for you, but mine is the same.
    Brett Portzer 1972 Hatteras 43DC331
    2019- SUPERNOVA Waterford, NY
    1977-2019 CAROL-SUE Baltimore, MD
    1972-1977 C.VALPRISANN IV Boston, MA

Sams still has them. If they don’t west marine has something similar
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Just in case you can’t read the attachment above I will attach a photo in the ID number. Look under pumps in Sams catalog and scroll down a little more than halfway.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

These have worked well for us and our customers.

https://www.westmarine.com/west-mari...0_003_501.html

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    Just in case you can’t read the attachment above I will attach a photo in the ID number. Look under pumps in Sams catalog and scroll down a little more than halfway.
    Perfect! Thank you for your help.

These were the original hand pumps installed by Hatteras. They are fairly bulletproof if you add an intake screen in the bilge. Then they don't clog. However, each time you pump you are lifting the weight of the water on the upstroke, pushing it out on the down. Mine were installed fastened to the bulkheads so I could only pump from one side, generally hitting my fingers against the wall. Hurt!! So I replaced them with Whale diaphragm pumps which mount laterally and pump with each stroke. When you need one (and I have) they really move a lot of water. They are more prone to getting debris in their flapper valve so a bilge screen is essential. While I was at it I added additional Whales. My port er had a valve to switch between the gen room or the port er. Now each is separate. I added another to the compartment ahead of the generator bulkhead. So I now have five complimenting the electric bilge pumps.

I would recommend changing pumps unless you value originality over function.
    Jim Grove, Fanfare 1966 50MY Hull #22 (Delivered Jan. 7, 1966)

"LIFE IS JUST ONE DAMNED THING AFTER ANOTHER." Frank Ward O'Malley, Journalist, Playwright 1875-1932

I didn't know the original pumps were still available, and replaced mine with a Whale as Fanfare did.