Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Wanted: Twin Disc MG5085A Gear

Figured I'd check on the outside chance someone has a new, rebuilt, or good used gear hanging around before I have mine rebuilt.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Re: Wanted: Twin Disc MG5085A Gear

Bob,

I have a pair of mg5090a that I took off 6v92s. They have 2200 hours on them and were working fine when we took them out. The ratio is 1.73:1. They were taken out for a repower of a 45. By the way I just had a pair of 5114 rebuilt for this repower and it was just short of $20,000. That was at Great Lakes Power in Tampa. The gears are located in Stuart, Fl. If you are interested feel free to contact me at 239-292-7177

Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy. The gear is coming out tomorrow and the rebuild parts have been ordered. Yours would probably suffice, as my gears are 1.72:1, but at this point, I plan on doing the rebuild. Thanks for the offer however.
    Bob
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

You're welcome. Knowing what you have is not a bad thing. Hope you are up and running soon.