Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Guest Battery Switch Knob

Just wondering if anyone had any of the old Guest Battery Switch knobs lying around. I know in reading some of the older posts that people say, I should replace the whole switch, but my switches are still very tight and operate smoothly, so I'm hoping to just replace the knob that fell apart.
    Gary
    1984 53' MY Hull #625
    "JACE"

Re: Guest Battery Switch Knob

Both of mine had plastic failures. One, the knob, the other tbe case split apart. If some of the plastic has gotten that brittle, chances are the rest of it is similar.

Also, the design changed at least once, so be specific about which style knob you have.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Is this it? If you can’t find one you might consider spray painting the knobs.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Found them on Sams Catalog under knobs. Give them a call to see if they are in stock.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    Found them on Sams Catalog under knobs. Give them a call to see if they are in stock.
    Yes, I had checked with them, but they can't get them anymore.
    Thanks anyway
    Gary
    1984 53' MY Hull #625
    "JACE"

I would give eBay a try. I have found some parts there when I have struck out with SAM's Marine.
    Best regards,
    --
    David

Try Sailorman in FtL or Bacon Sails in Annapolis- they might have a whole switch you could cannibalize.

Sadly, the old design was replaced with a newer design. It looks different but bolts rite in as the original did. Lots of the original design on ebay.
    You will note the newer switches carry the same 23** model numbers.