Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Beached MY

Re: Beached MY

I’m not sure this is the same incident, see story link. A fellow member at Tacoma Yacht Club ran into the mud bank and end of a jetty exiting the Swinomish Canal near La Connor WA. The tides were big that week and it laid right over on its side. From there it was a total loss when the tide came back in. I’ve not talked with the owner. It was a 58’ CPMY “Sundowner”. The only other Hatteras in the club. The Swinomish is narrow and shallow, if you get too close to the edges you can get sucked in by the vacuum created by your passing. It’s fairly long too so you have to be spot on for an hour. It’s an alternative route when Deception Pass tides are against you and running up the outside of Whidbey Island isn’t attractive due to weather in the straights of Juan De Fuca. I know it happened in a matter of only a minute. Hate to have it happen to me. http://www.poweryachtblog.com/2022/0...in-la.html?m=1
    Matt
    1976 58' YF, Hull #410
    "Time Out West"

Gotta be the same boat, and that would definitely explain the photo. Sounds like a great spot to avoid.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Gotta be the same boat, and that would definitely explain the photo. Sounds like a great spot to avoid.
    I'll bet you could run it on one engine
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    I'll bet you could run it on one engine
    Thanks for the vote of confidence. Anybody out there with a Hatt who wants to bet against Sky?
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93