Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 4th weekend

Re: 4th weekend

Now it's BATFE; Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives. But it's nowhere's near as fun an organization as its name would suggest.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Well, the Corps of Engineers has dropped the pool level in our area to such a level that I can no longer get the boat out of the marina! Upside is that we have a lot of friends with shallower draft boats that are willing to let us go along with them when they go out for a short cruise. Much more fun when we can take our boat and go anchor in one of the sloughs in the area.

Tonight might take the Whaler up to the fireworks in Davenport, IA and Rock Island, IL. Probably just float around and watch the other boats that are unable to get an anchor to set in the rock bottom. Seems funny that some of these people dont realize that if the depth of the river in that area is about 12ft that they need to put out more than 20ft of rope.

Have fun and be safe.
    Dwayne

Smile Re: 4th weekend

Just spent my first july 4th in 35 years off a boat. ended up out west a little later than expected.spent the extended weekend-hiking in the mountains north of santa fe-kayaking+fishing in a lake at 7000 ft.-air show w/thunderbirds+minor league ballgame w/fire works.it's been great.flying back east to the boat on the 4th, for a summer w/the grandkids. hope you all have a safe+fun holiday.

Well came back from Block Island yesterday had a great run there and back. Got to use the new genny that ran great put about 14 hrs on it so far all good. Going there use to be just about 3 hrs Saturday I did it in 1hr 45 mins and burned less fuel then I use to . Had tide agaist me coming home so that was 2 hrs.
    Also big thing was Sunday watched Champlain's Generator building go UP IN FLAMES it was a total loss. They had to big trailers brought in with Cat logo on the side and were back in business.
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Passages has been visiting Martha's Vineyard since last Friday. We're still there. Rain today so I pulled out the PC and SURPRISE - WiFi. We'll be heading to Hadley Harbor tomorrow, Cuttyhunk for the weekend and then Block Island and Hamburg Cove before heading home.

First 2 week vaca on board and lovin it.

Got back from Block Island yesterday afternoon after spending 5 nights there. I was at Champlin's during the fire. Quite the excitement! Their fuel tanks are next to the generator building that burned and the fuel lines run the length of the marina's main dock to the fuel pumps.

Gotta give them credit tho, we were up and running again at breakfast time the next morning. In fact, they had a welder hooked up as a generator to run the bar, including band, by 6 pm the same day of the fire!

Saw quite a few Hatts at the marina and on the hook. We have some really great looking boats out there!

K