Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

need painter near West Palm

hauling out 8/22 for some maintenance items and need to get a couple hull gouges repaired and painted. The painter I was using has disappeared so I'm looking for someone to handle it. Areas are small but deep and numerous. I am also going to need the bow rail holes filled and toe rail painted, may include the starboard fwd superstructure spiderwebbed glass.
    '88 55'C hull 394 ​BEATs Therapy
    12-71 TA's ZF BW190 1.5:1 gears

Re: need painter near West Palm

Damn sea buoy
    '88 55'C hull 394 ​BEATs Therapy
    12-71 TA's ZF BW190 1.5:1 gears

If you go to the Hemingway yard in Palm Beach gardens you will find a painter
    The yard work is nearly al done by subcontractors

Seminole Marine in Palm Beach Gardens is a do it yourself yard and has a painting sub contractor (Eagle Eye) that I have used. I think Eagle Eye is a decent outfit but I didn’t get that great of a job and chose to redo it. I don’t think they did a thorough job of surface prep on the prow and after a year or so areas of the paint were coming off (small spots). Also do not think the using Seminole will be cheap. The storage fees add up fast and rain and other factors lead to delays and the meter keeps ticking on the storage. One of my problems was I had a dishonest person managing the project for me. So I am not at all saying I wouldn’t work with Eagle Eye again but I would manage the job myself. Based on the pictures I think they would do fine.

Have heard really good things about the painter working out of A & J Boatworks in Port Salerno.
    Also, Wellman Enterprises works out of the Seminal Boatyard, they've been around a long time.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

I have worked with A&J and Nguyen Yacht Refinishing a couple of times. Highly recommend both.