Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Does anyone have info on the 1979 58 MY Shaitan in New York?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Quinn View Post
    LOL I prefer to have a long "to do" list. Job security.
    It's a project for sure, I'm sure the pictures of what is not done is just a fraction of the unfinished areas.

It could be a deal for someone looking for a project if the motors are actually good and depending on the actual condition of the paint / hull / topside etc.

Looks like all the air conditioners have been removed so that could be a huge expense just by itself.

I'm thinking it needs an owner that is retired and likes 3 year projects.
    Just kidding. I’ve got at least 10,000 unfinished projects myself. But I still keep looking at blown up jet skis and Donzis
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

The only thing more expensive than a cheap boat would be one you get for free.

3. Re: Does anyone have info on the 1979 58 MY Shaitan in New York?

There’s a 2001 Bayliner 4788 owned by a LLC in North Palm Beach that MUST be sold due to the house it lived behind being sold. It was a super nice boat when parked six(!!!) years ago. Its a project boat now, but not as big as a Hatteras MY project. Photos of what it looked like when the owner bought her can be seen at “meridianpilothouse.com”. Deal direct with the owner Captain Bob (who could fix and deliver anything-anywhere IF he had a deadline, but when his knee’s went bad, he couldn’t access the boat, and refused to pay anyone else unless he could supervise - oh there’s definitely a moral in this story!!) at 305-803-5151.

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Just kidding. I’ve got at least 10,000 unfinished projects myself. But I still keep looking at blown up jet skis and Donzis
    Well they always look like some kind of found treasure until you dig deeper and they are "fools gold"
    For the right person, maybe this will be a deal when the bank decides to give it away.

The boat keeper said there was talk of scraping it.
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    The only thing more expensive than a cheap boat would be one you get for free.
    Well that might be the price this one ends up at. I don't know if they will show actual bid prices or not on that site. The boat keeper tried telling me there was a $49,900 bid on it. All I saw was that $49,900 was the "Suggested bid price"

If there could be a thorough inspection done i.e. engines and a survey it would be easier to come to some conclusions. But with the condition it appears to be in, who is going to chuck a couple or three thousand dollars at it just to find out their worst fears are true? The seller maybe needs to get all that done and prove it's worth a penny or worth something.

Got the stupid itch again and called on this one again. It is under contract, I don't know at what price. Someone saw some value in it. Now I'm just jealous. Now it must have been a good deal LOL.

I hope the new owner posts here what they have to do with it to prove us right or wrong and show that it can be brought back to life!

Yes, I know the boat. It's been sitting for a bit. I know the owner that lost her...

Am advised that while the boat is allegedly under contract, that it has been under contract several times in the past and never closed. If you're interested, you'll need to be persistent.

If it has been anyone on here that has been interested in it please let us know what you found out!