Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Perko flag staff flush mount (1 1/4' socket, 3' OD mounting flange

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    Since it’s off the boat have you tried heating the bracket with a torch? I’d put it in a vice and heat it up after a good amount of lubricant was allowed to soak in.
    Seven: Yes, I've tried soaking it with penetrating solvent, for two weeks straight, and heating it and putting it in a vice and beating on it. Since it was pretty well beat up already; I didn't think I could do any more damage to it. I ended up cutting the flag staff from the mounting and found a 2 inch by 1 1/4-inch solid cylindrical metal piece wedged into the socket. The cylindrical piece was drilled down the center for a metal rod, 5/8-inches in diameter. This rod extended up into the flag staff. I'm not sure how far up into the flag staff it goes. I haven't cut the flag staff into pieces to make that determination. I was certainly made to keep the flag staff locked into the socket. Even hurricane force winds would be unable to dislodge it.

Therefore, the only solution is to install a new flag holder into the drilled-out hole in the stern combing. If I can locate one. I do thank you for your advice.

Tom

I found the one I believe to be original to my 85 55C. The OD of the flange is appx 2 7/8" and the hole is about 1 3/8" at the top. Eyeballing the angle I would say it is 20-30 degrees. The long leg on the tube is 2-3/8" from bottom of flange I can post a picture. It has been in a dock box and has now tarnished green but if you want it you can have it for the shipping cost. BTW it has PERKO cast into the side of it and I can see a 9 and a 1 . Appears to be chrome plated cast bronze

Fabulous. This is why I like this site so well.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    Tom

I found the one I believe to be original to my 85 55C. The OD of the flange is appx 2 7/8" and the hole is about 1 3/8" at the top. Eyeballing the angle I would say it is 20-30 degrees. The long leg on the tube is 2-3/8" from bottom of flange I can post a picture. It has been in a dock box and has now tarnished green but if you want it you can have it for the shipping cost. BTW it has PERKO cast into the side of it and I can see a 9 and a 1 . Appears to be chrome plated cast bronze
    Briankinley: I would be pleased to take this off of your hands. Please tell me the shopping cost and how I can make payment to you. This has been a frustrating search. Thank you so much.
    Last edited by ZeeTom; 07-24-2022 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeTom View Post
    Briankinley: I would be pleased to take this off of your hands. Please tell me the shopping cost and how I can make payment to you. This has been a frustrating search. Thank you so much.
    PM me your name and address. Hopefully it will fit in a flat rate envelope or box. If you are in the states it shouldn't be much more than $10-15. I will let you know when I get your address.

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    PM me your name and address. Hopefully it will fit in a flat rate envelope or box. If you are in the states it shouldn't be much more than $10-15. I will let you know when I get your address.
    Briankinley: I tried to use the PM function; the system kept rejecting it. Here is my cell phone number, (419-367-2489) or email(tlgulch@aol.com). We can communicate this way, either by talking or text. I am thankful that we have connected on my search and am looking forward to hearing from you.

Tom,

Both of your PM's went through. I replied but if you don't get the reply I will mail to you this week. Unless you need it overnighted I don't think the postage is enough to worry about. It feels heavy but weighed less than a pound.

Brian: I didn't think that the PM's went through, since the system was indicated that they did not. Yes, please do send it. Regardless of what it costs, I want to compensate you for your expenditure, time and generosity. You are a great example of the members of the Hatteras site that I have had the pleasure of interacting thus far. Thank you.

Tom

No worries. I will get it out tomorrow or Thursday at the latest depending on how things are at the office tomorrow