Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Perko flag staff flush mount (1 1/4' socket, 3' OD mounting flange

I am seeking a Perko flag staff flush mount. The 219 1 style, 1 1/4-inch socket with 3-inch mounting OD, 26-degree angle. Perko no longer manufactures this mount, and it appears that the Taylor mount, which is currently manufactured, has a reversed screw pattern. There are many Perko mounts available of this design, but they are of the smaller variety, with a 3/4-inch socket, and a 2 1/4-inch OD mounting flange. Any suggestions appreciated.

Re: Perko flag staff flush mount (1 1/4' socket, 3' OD mounting flange

I may have a used one if I can find it to measure. It would be tomorrow or Friday before I can do so

I believe I have a new/ never installed one sitting on my boat. However I’m not sure of the size. I’ll be going up there on Friday and I’ll let you know.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I just checked the craigslist ad I posted it on and I do have it. If you’re interested $20 plus shipping will take care of it. Attached see some photos.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    I may have a used one if I can find it to measure. It would be tomorrow or Friday before I can do so
    I rechecked the OD of the mounting flange and it is 2 5/8 inches in diameter. The socket ID is 1 1/4 in diameter. The depth of the socket should be about 1 3/4 inches, but that is really irrelevant. It has been difficult trying to find this hardware, since Perko no longer manufactures it. Thank you for your response.

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    I just checked the craigslist ad I posted it on and I do have it. If you’re interested $20 plus shipping will take care of it. Attached see some photos.
    Thank you for your response. The photos that you provided indicate a raised flag holder. What I need is flush mounted, with the socket angling down below deck.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeTom View Post
    Thank you for your response. The photos that you provided indicate a raised flag holder. What I need is flush mounted, with the socket angling down below deck.
    It’s to bad they don’t finish off the bottom, you could just flip it over and insert it. I’ll ask other friends in my marina if they have one in their junk drawer.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Thank you Seven.

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    Briankinley: I reposted the measurements, but I don't know if you saw them. The 219 1 mount that I need measures: 2 5/8 inches for the outside diameter of the mounting flange; 1 1/4 inches for the inside diameter for the socket. The depth of the socket should be about 2 3/4 inches, when measured mid-point in the angle slant (which should be 25 degrees). But this depth measurement is not a critical concern. So far, I have been unable to locate this Perko part. I do have the original mount that was installed in the boat before I purchased it, but it had been removed with the flag staff inserted and impossible to separate the staff from the mount. The flag staff is about 53 inches long, with a metal rod forced onto the end that intended to slide into the socket. This is what is fused into the mount and impossible to remove. Because of the size of both the staff and the flag, I believe this was originally intended for a larger Hatteras than my 36-footer. At some point it appears that the previous owner attempted to separate the flag staff from the mount, unsuccessfully, because the mount is really beat up. So, it appears that the previous owner removed the entire assembly from the mounting hole, leaving an empty hole in the rear transom combing, whenever he decided to remove the flag.

Sorry for such a long response, but I do want to correct all flaws in the boat with proper equipment. The Taylor mount, which has correct measurements, but I don't want to drill more holes into the fiberglass. Briankinley, thank for listening to my rant. ZeeTom.

Since it’s off the boat have you tried heating the bracket with a torch? I’d put it in a vice and heat it up after a good amount of lubricant was allowed to soak in.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California