Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Late 80s cockpit version of 54’ motoryacht??

My son found the old listing for me that said it was a 1987 61’ cockpit motoryacht? Custom added cockpit?

Quote Originally Posted by ChadKuch View Post
    Here is another pic of the boat. Just hoping someone can shed some light on specific model, or if a custom added cockpit for sure? Thanks.
    Man, why didn't they do it this way at the factory? Well rounded with the cockpit.

Hi Bruce, saw your reply after responding to first response. Interesting. Do you have any pics?
    Freestyle Starboard.jpgFreestyle Stern.jpgFreestyle Stern with Chris.jpg

Pictures of Freestyle. 1986 Hatteras 54 MY with 8 foot extension by St Augustine Boat Works circa 1990s.

Bruce

Freestyle
    1986 62 CPMY
    Tampa

Bruce, your boat is gorgeous. Is getting the dinghy up and down a pain or not too bad?

Beautiful boat Bruce! The proportions on this size are perfect. Thanks for the pics. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by motoryacht lover View Post
    Bruce, your boat is gorgeous. Is getting the dinghy up and down a pain or not too bad?
    I single man the dinghy launch and recovery all the time. I replaced the cable five years ago with a longer one so that I can lower it and tie it to the swim platform before removing the harness. I also lengthened the cord on the controller so I can operate the crane from water level to flybridge.

A friend from the forum helped me take delivery 11 years ago. Boat was in Fort Lauderdale and I was working so he took my checkbook and readied the boat. Best thing he bought was a first class cradle for the tender. I have made some stupid mistakes with weather but have never worried about the tender staying in its place. I know if it ever got loose and was banging around I am dumb enough in the moment to risk bodily harm to avoid property damage. It's a bad trade risk eliminated by money.

Bruce

Freestyle
    1986 62 CPMY
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle View Post
    I single man the dinghy launch and recovery all the time. I replaced the cable five years ago with a longer one so that I can lower it and tie it to the swim platform before removing the harness. I also lengthened the cord on the controller so I can operate the crane from water level to flybridge.

A friend from the forum helped me take delivery 11 years ago. Boat was in Fort Lauderdale and I was working so he took my checkbook and readied the boat. Best thing he bought was a first class cradle for the tender. I have made some stupid mistakes with weather but have never worried about the tender staying in its place. I know if it ever got loose and was banging around I am dumb enough in the moment to risk bodily harm to avoid property damage. It's a bad trade risk eliminated by money.

Bruce

Freestyle
    1986 62 CPMY
    Tampa
    I may have missed the point of the question.

The crane on my boat was moved to the aft port side when they added the extension. The crane on the 54 MY was originally forward and starboard.

Hope this is responsive.

Bruce
    Freestyle
    1986 62 CPMY (54MY with ext)
    Tampa

Any interior modifications to your boat Bruce? Or pretty much same layout of traditional 54? And do you have any pics of interior you can share?

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle View Post
    I may have missed the point of the question.

The crane on my boat was moved to the aft port side when they added the extension. The crane on the 54 MY was originally forward and starboard.

Hope this is responsive.

Bruce
    Freestyle
    Tampa
    You answered the question thanks

Any interior modifications to your boat Bruce? Or pretty much same layout of traditional 54? And do you have any pics of interior you can share?
    My wife refit the interior in 2020 and I don't have any interior pictures other than ones with smiley happy people in them.

Interior layout is original other than TV cabinet to port that elevates the screen.

I also created two singles in the aft stateroom out of the love seat to port and dresser top to starboard. These are temporary but allow us to bring 7 dudes fishing and everyone gets a rack.

Bruce

Freestyle
    Tampa