Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Information list of Hatteras MY

This a great forum with tons of info. Alot of new members frequently inquire about buying and ask if anyone has knowledge of boats that are being sold in Boat trader or Yachtworld. However most of the posts get viewed alot but not many have responses. It would be great, if a list was made of Hatteras yachts in terms of year , names , owners , prior history and any pertinent info which would be a real valuable tool in the process of buying. It would be quite an ordeal but certainly could be a work in progress with addition of info ongoing. Appreciate any ideas on how this could be done.
    Still looking for my Hatteras!
    Thank you
    Felix

Re: Information list of Hatteras MY

There is this… but only 75’+ boats and probably not up to date

http://shipbuildinghistory.com/shipy...e/hatteras.htm
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Sounds like a neat idea!
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name

I can put the imfo in a spreadsheet, if we decide thats the best way to do it. Not sure how to hang it here on the site, but once it was there anyone could update it.

This is a great idea!
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Quote Originally Posted by neildeb2 View Post
    I can put the imfo in a spreadsheet, if we decide thats the best way to do it. Not sure how to hang it here on the site, but once it was there anyone could update it.

I agree that is a great idea and data can be entered by everyone.
    Thanks
    Felix

You can use/incorporate the info from Pascal's post into the spreadsheet and then have members update and add info to it.
    Appreciate you volunteering to put the info onto a spreadsheet. How can you set it up that would permit others to update while preserving the data?
    Thanks

Yeah, that's what I don't know how to do. I can make the spreadsheet, but someone else will need to hang it up so it's available to everyone for editing.

Yeah, that's what I don't know how to do. I can make the spreadsheet, but someone else will need to hang it up so it's available to everyone for editing.
    I am not computer savvy , especially with spreadsheet (excel) and or setting up a program that allows input from everyone without risking loss of data. Hopefully someone in the forum has the knowledge and ability. it certainly would be worthwhile not only for prospective buyers but also for sellers as well as recent buyers requesting history of their newly acquired boats.
    thank you

I think the co-authoring function could be used with excel but like others I'm not very savvy tech wise. I would even suggest y'all could charge for this information if you wanted to, it would be that valuable.