Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Re: WTH is going on at oceanbreeze?

I just want to update this thread and let everyone know how this continues to play out. We had problem after problem and were EXTREMELY AGGRESSIVE in getting our system correct. They sent their "production mgr" to go through our system where they found several "unexplainable" install flaws. All (3) 9k compressors were replaced, one of the marine-aire control panels chit the bed so they upgraded that (that panel appears to have a failing LCD, it flickers). Two days ago the salon unit shuts down by tripping the breaker with a "high pressure" message. Flow in/out is GREAT, filter is clean, still trips breaker. Oceanbreeze crew arrived 24 hours later, "the unit was overcharged, it had too much freon". SUPPOSEDLY nothing has been done with this unit since initial install, can an "overcharged" unit go 11 months before it trips the breaker due to high pressure? I'm more concerned with the month of warranty I have if that compressor TRULY went 11 months "overcharged".
    '88 55'C hull 394 ​BEATs Therapy
    12-71 TA's ZF BW190 1.5:1 gears

Re: WTH is going on at oceanbreeze?

At least you got some responses
    Quote Originally Posted by ageless View Post
    I just want to update this thread and let everyone know how this continues to play out. We had problem after problem and were EXTREMELY AGGRESSIVE in getting our system correct. They sent their "production mgr" to go through our system where they found several "unexplainable" install flaws. All (3) 9k compressors were replaced, one of the marine-aire control panels chit the bed so they upgraded that (that panel appears to have a failing LCD, it flickers). Two days ago the salon unit shuts down by tripping the breaker with a "high pressure" message. Flow in/out is GREAT, filter is clean, still trips breaker. Oceanbreeze crew arrived 24 hours later, "the unit was overcharged, it had too much freon". SUPPOSEDLY nothing has been done with this unit since initial install, can an "overcharged" unit go 11 months before it trips the breaker due to high pressure? I'm more concerned with the month of warranty I have if that compressor TRULY went 11 months "overcharged".
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present