Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: WTH is going on at oceanbreeze?

Pascal, if you were refitting a smaller boat, and not going with chillers, you'd use Flagship again?
    Sounds like.

Yea absolutely. Beyond the great service, I really believe in supporting small businesses instead of an evil empire like dometic which is gobbling up everything they can retracting our options. Thatís also why I prefer ordering from places like Defender, Fisheries or Jamestown instead of West Pro.

It s a shame Ocean Breeze was sold
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Yea absolutely. Beyond the great service, I really believe in supporting small businesses instead of an evil empire like dometic which is gobbling up everything they can retracting our options. Thatís also why I prefer ordering from places like Defender, Fisheries or Jamestown instead of West Pro.

It s a shame Ocean Breeze was sold
    it absolutely is a shame but it looks like my wife's cooler head will prevail and we're ordering new split units from them today, hopefully we'll catch the tail end of the previous owners work ethic and find peace in their reliability and quality.
    '88 55'C hull 394 ​BEATs Therapy
    12-71 TA's ZF BW190 1.5:1 gears

I hope so. I'm going to find out if Flagship still make split systems- looks like they do. My original Cruisair ones can't last forever, although one if 51 years old at this point.

Contacted OceanBreeze for an updated quote to replace broken 7K BTU R22 condenser. Received reply overnight in perfect English. Factory time is a few weeks.
    +++
    1984 61MY #353 with 9' cockpit extension.
    Sydney, Australia.

I know this is going to take some getting use to but my next a/c replace will be with air cooled mini splits as I have come up with a way to hide the outside units so no one will know the difference

Okay, I'll bite. What's the plan?
    Mark
    1981 56' MY Hull #320
    "Lady Ann"