Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

H58 flooded engine rooms: best way to drain

Recently acquired a H58 with flooded engine rooms with rain water…what is the best way to get the water out… is there a drain other than the I’ve in the vberth? Have electric pump!Thanks
    1974 Hatteras 38 Double CabinHull 3610474On the hard in Demopolis, ALAnd74 Hatteras 58 FishermanOn the hard in Demopolis, AL

Re: H58 flooded engine rooms: best way to drain

Additional info…The boat is on the hard… the water came up to the bottom of the two engines…Thanks
    1974 Hatteras 38 Double CabinHull 3610474On the hard in Demopolis, ALAnd74 Hatteras 58 FishermanOn the hard in Demopolis, AL

Presuming the bilge pumps don't work, get a submersible pool cover pump and a hose, and pump it overboard.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

You may want to put some oil zorbs in there for a day or two first.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

I always keep a 120v Rule 1800 bilge pump on board. Plug it in with an extension cord and you can dewater any compartment, boat, dinghy etc
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

same concept as Pascal's suggestion. Here is what we have, and use for descaling AC's also.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/plumbi...gph-63318.html
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

With a sump pump, you could either pump directly overboard, or pump to the lowest point in the bilges and take the drydock plug out.