Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1965 50 Motoryacht Incredible

I remember seeing this boat in the Keels and Wheels concours. It's near League City Texas, anyone near there? Looks like it was fully redone top to bottom, even the engines have been replaced. I wonder what kind of condition it is in now? I like the 50, especially the original without the bridge in the old ads. Very nostalgic. This looks like a good one, anyone here familiar with her? Just popped up today. Fourteen years since the award, would love to know how she looks today.

https://littleyachtsales.com/boat/19...0-motor-yacht/

INCREDIBLE 50' Hatteras Motor Yacht

This classic 50 motor yacht was built in 1965 by the Hatteras Yachts Company in High Point, North Carolina.Incredible was the name christening her by Hatteras marketing department. This name has always stayed with the boat and has never been changed by its 3 owners.Serving as Hatteras demonstrator and show boat until the new 53 Classic was introduced in 1969; Incredible had the unique opportunity to be updated each year with the latest improvements including the extension of the aft deck enclosure and the changing of double berth arrangement in the owners stateroom to the single berth of today.

Since taking ownership in 2001, the current owners have cruised the northeast coast from Connecticut to Delaware, spent several years on the Chesapeake, and cruised the Atlantic East Coast and the Gulf Coast to Port Isabel.She now calls Clear Lake her port of call.

The current owner has taken great pride in Incredible, lunching a major refit and restoration in 2005 and completed in 2008.Her hull was stripped to its original fiberglass removing 5 layers of built up paint before referring and repainting with Awlcraft 2000.Many sections of her deck were also rebuilt removing rotted under-lament. The fly bridge was moved 44 inches forward and a new custom dash was built to accommodate the latest in electronics.Every room has been redesigned and refinished, many stripped to the bulkheads or down to the interior fiberglass.

She has two new Cummins engines increasing total power from 700 hp to 900 hp and dropping 1800 pounds per engine.The increased horse power and lower weight increased cruising speed from 11 to 16 knots and top speed from 13 to 19 knots.A new 15 kw generator, 4 new ACs, all new electronics by Raymarine, an entertainment center, all new appliances, new windows, updated electrical and lighting throughout, and the addition of stabilizers are just a few of her improvements. In May of 2008, Incredible won the Corinthian Award for best restoration at the Keels and Wheels Concours DElegance, in Seabrook, Texas
    Attached Images
    Last edited by ADOPO; 07-11-2022 at 09:56 PM.

Re: 1965 50 Motoryacht Incredible

That's a stunning boat. If I didn't already have mine, I'd bite.

Handsome boat. I would have thought that the top speed would be even better than 19knots with those engines. I wonder if she's propped right.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Handsome boat. I would have thought that the top speed would be even better than 19knots with those engines. I wonder if she's propped right.
    I agree, my 12v71ti are 650hp, and a much heavier 63MY, and I get 19kts WOT...

That's a lot of boat for the money. Very nicely done.

I’m about 45 miles from league city if somebody is interested in having someone check this boat out. Send me a private message.

Quote Originally Posted by dottieshusband View Post
    I agree, my 12v71ti are 650hp, and a much heavier 63MY, and I get 19kts WOT...
    Something does seem to be off on those numbers. My 53 MY runs 20 with the 462hp crank / 435hp shaft 8v71ti’s and a lot more weight. I would have expected 20+ since that boat has the same power but weighs less.

Quote Originally Posted by cww View Post
    Something does seem to be off on those numbers. My 53 MY runs 20 with the 462hp crank / 435hp shaft 8v71ti’s and a lot more weight. I would have expected 20+ since that boat has the same power but weighs less.
    Are you stabilized? Fins can take 1 to 2 knots of top speed. My stabilized 53 with 6CTAs rates at 435hp tops at 20kts.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Are you stabilized? Fins can take 1 to 2 knots of top speed. My stabilized 53 with 6CTAs rates at 435hp tops at 20kts.
    No stabilizers, I wish I had them, everyone says they transform the boat. When I was shopping I looked at several boats with and without with them that were mostly in rough condition and decided to buy the boat that was in the best shape that available at that time. I was going to do the stabilizer install this year but then my engines got trashed by an idiot mechanic and the stabilizer funds were spent on inframes. So I’ll be rocking and rolling for the foreseeable future.