Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anybody know the 52' LORELI (old MAKE ROOM)?

Going to take a look and wonder if anyone has any history on this boat? Boat was out of Mississippi and PO was a member here, but hasn't been on in a couple of years. Current owners have only had it 2 years, and no sign of being a member here. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about it.
    thanks

Re: Anybody know the 52' LORELI (old MAKE ROOM)?

the previous owner is a member here and on the hatteras facebook group. that boat was taken care of with an open checkbook policy.
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

If you're looking for a 52' MY there's one for sale at my marina called Annison that I can vouch for being top-notch. Always kept under cover, stunning boat if you like 52's. I personally like the flush deck style more, the 52's are like boating on a stair-master. But at least it keeps you in shape.

Bigbill, thanks. It looks like it was.

cww, thanks but we’re looking for a convertible.

I don't suppose anyone knows who the user was here on the forum? I was given the survey as this boat changed hands in 2021. It mentions water in transom at Hawse pipes, spare shaft access plate, and swim platform bolts. A few high moisture spots by the bridge ladder and up at the pulpit as well. Has me a bit concerned as i wasn't looking to embark on rot work right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigswardmtb View Post
    I don't suppose anyone knows who the user was here on the forum? I was given the survey as this boat changed hands in 2021. It mentions water in transom at Hawse pipes, spare shaft access plate, and swim platform bolts. A few high moisture spots by the bridge ladder and up at the pulpit as well. Has me a bit concerned as i wasn't looking to embark on rot work right off the bat.
    Craig, call me
    Joe

That was my boat. I sold it because I didn't fish, and I bought a 58YF. That was a GREAT boat and I miss it. I rebuilt both engines, replaced a gear. Painted the boat in 2014/15. Added the davit in 2020. I redid all of the aluminum in 2015. The boat always ran great. The current owner picked her up in Mississippi and went all the way to Jacksonville without any significant issues. (Had a generator issue and an issue with the gear safety shutoff).

Questions? Fire away!3

I will say this - the boat never had moisture issues. There was some moisture in the transom at one time, but its foam cored, so the recommended fix was...nothing.

My "new" boat has huge moisture issues that were hidden under acres of Seadek. Going in the yard soon to replace the bad coring.
    Attached Images

seadek looks nice, but that's just horrible. wonder if it was a bad installation? good luck. love those 58yf's.

If this was found by a moisture meter , I would be suspicious. They take a lot of practice to use . I would only repair soft spots . Re- bed fasteners to prevent water intrusion. Wet core , (balsa) can still be strong. You need to stop the water intrusion. As an aside , we were discussing a Gulfstar MY here on the forum, it went to survey and the surveyor pronounced a wet area in the hull and drilled a hole to check . It was wet alright, he drilled into the fuel tank . It cost my friend , the owner ,$10,000 to make the mess right , clean up and all . The surveyor had no insurance. Luckily , my friend just came into some significant money , so he took the bad with the good and eventually bought a new boat.
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL