Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Flybridge Drainage

On my 1981 53MY I get water accumulating in the front part of the Helm Station under the long seat in the front. Upon inspection there is just one scupper hole in the rear port side of the pedestal. Since the floor is curved water won't drain from the starboard front corner to the rear I left the cover off during a rain storm and discovered this issue. Does any have the same problem and found a fix? Also it appears something was screwed into the floor under the seat all that remains are screws and some round circle shaped remnants of very thin wood. I wonder what was mounted there originally?

Thanks,

Mark

Re: Flybridge Drainage

On my flybridge I have two drainage holes one in each corner forward of forward seating. I had to plug them otherwise I get leaks on either side of lower helm. I put a tube in each and used 3m4000 to seal them and still had leaks. I climbed in the area and found what was factory glassed tubes. At some point I will cut them open to see what’s what.
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.