Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Power select breaker

Just of of the phone with Jeremy. As always a terrific help.
    Just before I tell the owner to call with his credit card info, I need to check in with you kids.

The shore side of this dual breaker package is weak. You can swap shore cables at the boats in service an the same breaker may hum and pop. No where near 50A as per the owner.

What I want is Part # 27039, It is 10 weeks out. 80/60A breaker.
    Jeremy has the seesaw package PN 27030 70/50A & 25718 80/50A.

Now, the first number in 80/60A is 80A for the gen-set, 60A for shore power. I don't understand why so tall of a number for the gen set (80A) and the second number for shore (60A) concerns me. Are both of these numbers deliberately over rated?
    Jeremy has confirmed these are the factory values.
    I'm concerned the breaker will start popping more at 50A vs the factory 60A.

Are these breaker assemblies serviceable? Take them apart and just replace one side?
    Anybody sitting on any Heinemann / AIRPAX breakers you want to move?

Thx for your thoughts
    rc

Re: Power select breaker

I found the AIRPAX part number. Still 10 weeks out but direct orders are 1/4 list price. Oh, the catch,, 3 min order.
    Anybody need fresh 80 / 60 breakers with slide?

Looking for original AIRPAX part number 2496E80602631 or 249-6-E-80-60-2-63-1

If you look at the breaker on the side of your generator you will see that it is also an 80 amp breaker. The Generator sends out up to 80 amps of power to the boat, while the shore power is only 50 amps of power. Most boats cannot run all hvac, hot water, oven etc. on one shore cord, but can typically, on 1 20kw generator. At least that’s what i have found on my boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Addie-Kat View Post
    If you look at the breaker on the side of your generator you will see that it is also an 80 amp breaker. The Generator sends out up to 80 amps of power to the boat, while the shore power is only 50 amps of power. Most boats cannot run all hvac, hot water, oven etc. on one shore cord, but can typically, on 1 20kw generator. At least that’s what i have found on my boat.
    20KW divided by 240Vac is 83.3 Amps.
    I did not think about this earlier.

I know, on the marina docks, we can not run lots of items at the same time without popping the shore breaker.
    All works fine on our 30kw gen-set

This ain't just breakers, it's everything nowadays. I can't wait until this COVID mess finally dies off and I never have to hear the words "supply chain" again.

Please let me know where you found these (at 1/4 price), so I can call them tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ralph View Post
    I found the AIRPAX part number. Still 10 weeks out but direct orders are 1/4 list price. Oh, the catch,, 3 min order.
    Anybody need fresh 80 / 60 breakers with slide?

Looking for original AIRPAX part number 2496E80602631 or 249-6-E-80-60-2-63-1

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag930 View Post
    Please let me know where you found these (at 1/4 price), so I can call them tomorrow.
    Damm things just came in Monday.
    Send me a direct e-mail by PM and I'll fill you in.
    Attached Images

They'll work for a week or two.... just long enough for you to forget about them, and then start popping every 5 mins...

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    They'll work for a week or two.... just long enough for you to forget about them, and then start popping every 5 mins...
    I'll bite;
    Whats wrong with these new breakers?

Made in China... you know, they are probably fine, but I just don't like buying stuff made there. I avoid it when I can, which isn't often enough.