Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Killer deal on 12/71 oil filters.

'88 55'C hull 394 ​BEATs Therapy
    12-71 TA's ZF BW190 1.5:1 gears

Re: Killer deal on 12/71 oil filters.

Thanks for the link. Just ordered a box

Thank you for the lead. I have purchased a box too. Even with air freight to Sydney, this is a really good deal.
    Last edited by scottinsydney; 06-23-2022 at 05:39 AM.
    +++
    1984 61MY #353 with 9' cockpit extension.
    Sydney, Australia.

date code on mine 212281828 08:38

year old filters at LESS THAN $10/per, all day, everyday. He only had 8 cases left before the two gentleman above snagged theirs. Ensure you know what you're getting, these are extended life filters which are about 1" longer than the LF3333/wix 51970/napa 1970. I had to loosen the port side dip stick to get the top filter on but it bolted right back up with no changes in it's original form.

Got mine today. Fast shipping and they appear to be a correct fit. I am not due for an oil change anytime soon but if they fit this is a great deal. I usually pay $100 for the four I need for a change by the time you add shipping.

So, anybody really spun them on a 12V71? No issues?
    I'm a DDC and Wix (NAPA) fan. Never a FleetGuard fan except on Cummins stuff.
    Even then, used Wix (NAPA) filters when the customer did not spec FleetGuard.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ralph View Post
    So, anybody really spun them on a 12V71? No issues?
    I'm a DDC and Wix (NAPA) fan. Never a FleetGuard fan except on Cummins stuff.
    Even then, used Wix (NAPA) filters when the customer did not spec FleetGuard.
    Apparently the OP has per his reply above. I am pretty sure my dipsticks are more toward the aft of the engine but you would think they are located the same on all 12-71's

Longer filters would definitely not worked on my old 6v92s. I used the napa 1970s and could barely get the filter wrench to fit under it in my 79 43c.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Well, I guess any 1 1/2" x 12 pipe pattern, oil filter could work.

There must be 6 or more oil dip configurations on a 12V71. Every location requires a different tube and dip (length).

Good wishes to those who purchased a filter not designed for ole strait W DDCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ralph View Post
    Well, I guess any 1 1/2" x 12 pipe pattern, oil filter could work.

There must be 6 or more oil dip configurations on a 12V71. Every location requires a different tube and dip (length).

Good wishes to those who purchased a filter not designed for ole strait W DDCs.
    the dipsticks on my 71's are BOTH inboard so the starboard filters installed easily. Port was just as easy with a 2 minute set back to unbolt the dipstick, install the top filter and bolt back up. I'm not sure how you can say these aren't designed for "ole strait W DDC's", when the only difference from the LF3333 (I guess your "standard fleetguard") is the extended length which equates to more filtering. I guess some of us like to think outside the box with these old girls, especially when it benefits your wallet and the vessel