Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

White panels under the helm teak rail on 43 DC

I know this is a completely newbie question, but. I just finished a 2752nm trip from Chesapeake VA to Louisville KY, on my new (to me) 73 DC, and during that trek, itemized a number of "need to fix" items. There is damage to, and/or there are missing portions of the white panels that are under the teak rail that surrounds the helm/rear deck area. What are they called, and is there a known source for replacements? Thanks in advance.
    Don Miller 73' Hatteras 43 DC (hull#381)

Re: White panels under the helm teak rail on 43 DC

I am not sure of the proper name for them but I call them weather boards have you tried Sams
    Admiral-- Marilyn
    Captain--James
    1980 43 DC Hull#526
    Twin DD 671 TI

Look under dodger in the catalog on Sam’s.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Those are dodgerboards and Sams has what you need.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

This is good information. My 43 DC has a few cracked panels as well. For some reason I thought they were called “sea curtains”.…

Last edited by 43DoubleCabin; 06-18-2022 at 07:56 AM.

I had always called them Storm Curtains and those around me used the same term.
    I wonder how many other names for this boat part.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavofficer6 View Post
    I know this is a completely newbie question, but. I just finished a 2752nm trip from Chesapeake VA to Louisville KY, on my new (to me) 73 DC, and during that trek, itemized a number of "need to fix" items. There is damage to, and/or there are missing portions of the white panels that are under the teak rail that surrounds the helm/rear deck area. What are they called, and is there a known source for replacements? Thanks in advance.
    Just a heads up. The color of the panels will most likely not match your color. You may have to use your panels to match the colors before installing.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Thanks for all the great information you all. I will order what I need and take it from there.
    Don Miller 73' Hatteras 43 DC (hull#381)