Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sea Trial

Re: Sea Trial

Thanks for the varied opinions.
    To sum it up, I refused to run them at WOT for half an hour and in the end the buyer backed out of the deal anyway.
    Gary
    1984 53' MY Hull #625
    "JACE"

Just for curiosity sake, what DOES your manual say about permissible operation time at WOT?
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamboat View Post
    Thanks for the varied opinions.
    To sum it up, I refused to run them at WOT for half an hour and in the end the buyer backed out of the deal anyway.
    I figured that was coming after that other thread you posted where they made you replace fuel filler hoses that weren't actually leaking 'because they were old.' I thought this sounded like the type of buyer who has you running around doing a bunch of things that only they care about, then in the end still walks over something stupid anyway.

It's all about reasonable expectations. A new 50' boat is $2mm nowadays, the inherent tradeoff in buying a used boat is you get a punch list of fix-it items for getting a boat for a fraction of the cost. Within reason obviously. On one hand you don't want one that's been sunk, but on the other hand nobody's going to be happy with a used boat if they expect everything to be 100% perfect. You're undoubtedly better off without this particular sale. I saw the listing for your boat, she's well-optioned and looks very nice, somebody will buy it without running you ragged.