Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

New location for AC

A few years ago I replaced the original air handler in my salon with a package unit.
    It worked fine but was kinda loud .
    So, I am moving it to a new location in the V berth under the starboard bunk.
    I routed the ductwork along the starboard side under the galley counter, and thru the area where the fire bottle is located. 2 ducts in the salon and Another (smaller) duct will discharge in the V berth.
    I will post the results soon. Heat index outside is around 100 degrees lately.
    Attached Images

Re: New location for AC

interesting. what size are you planning on?
    ive got the 2 16k splits and the salon will sometimes struggle on the 90+ days.
    i do set it at 68 and there are lots of windows so its self inflicted.
    Jim

SALTY
    1973 38' AFT CABIN

I replaced the original split units with 2 package units. 6K in master closet and 16K in the salon.
    Adding 2 supply vents (just below the windows) greatly improved the air distribution.
    Still,During the peak heat of the day I put up some window shades on the side glass. Like the shades used for car windshields.

i replaced the air handler on the salon 16k maybe 10 years ago and rerouted the vent to where your countertop is, might and day circulation difference.
    i have a lower station there, it fit just to the right.
    Jim

SALTY
    1973 38' AFT CABIN