Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Re: Anyone Know What Happened to This 56MY?

Quote Originally Posted by honeysea View Post
    Actually, I was going to do a live aboard Makes a lot of sense let me rethink this a while.
    Honey
    We bought a 53MY with the idea of living aboard in a few years.
    We bought it last fall while it was already in winter storage (Michigan) and this summer is a test of how feasible it is to live aboard. We are trying to stay on board all summer, while commuting to work as a test. Eventually we would like to either sail it down to Florida or the Bahamas at retirement. So far it feels very doable to live aboard and we haven't stayed one night "at home" since we brought her home. Storage seems ample for living "stuff" The only stuff I am not keeping on land are all the mechanical extras which I have about 4 18" x 18" x 30" plastic totes that the previous owner left us with. oh and a few bumpers and brushes and some cleaning supplies in the back of my truck. I think if we wanted EVERYTHING on board we would need to use the front stateroom for storage. I don't personally think a smaller version would work, but it all depends on how cramped you are willing to live. Just my two cents.
    During our search we looked at a lot of boats and finally gave up on all brands except Hatteras.
    Mainly because of the support of this forum which I don't think you will find with any other brand.
    Good luck with your search! Feel free to message me if you every want to talk or learn some of the ins and outs of what we have been through in this process. Many others here too are willing to talk on the phone and offer advice. Good luck!
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name

Well, I bought it. Ended up paying $80K I have been working on it for the last year and I’m nowhere near done. It really was the injectors on the Port engine there were 5 stuck in the open position. 8 new injectors and those Detroits have been running good all season. I have put about 35 hours on them so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Laviolette View Post
    Well, I bought it. Ended up paying $80K I have been working on it for the last year and I’m nowhere near done. It really was the injectors on the Port engine there were 5 stuck in the open position. 8 new injectors and those Detroits have been running good all season. I have put about 35 hours on them so far.
    Good news on the injectors.
    Open a new thread and fill us in on your ship and projects.

So the boat was purchased for $80K Repaired and now is for sale for $ 315K ? Is it still on the TEXAS lake ?

5. Re: Anyone Know What Happened to This 56MY?

Quote Originally Posted by edward View Post
    So the boat was purchased for $80K Repaired and now is for sale for $ 315K ? Is it still on the TEXAS lake ?
    I mentioned here over a year ago, about the rising prices of Texas Real Estate. Her value is still in its location. You aren’t buying a house on any lake anywhere now for that cheap-much less Lake Texoma.
    Last edited by Retired1; 09-21-2023 at 02:13 PM.

That is a different boat, when you click on the original link in the thread it says the boat is no longer available, and then it shows a currently available 56MY in Chicago...
    Brett Portzer 1972 Hatteras 43DC331
    2019- SUPERNOVA Waterford, NY
    1977-2019 CAROL-SUE Baltimore, MD
    1972-1977 C.VALPRISANN IV Boston, MA

Thanks ! for the info .

Quote Originally Posted by edward View Post
    No, that’s a different boat for sale in Chicago. It is still on Texoma but not for sale. We will be keeping her for a while to come.

Trying to stay on track here but the 53my that was painted all black and located in Chicago was sold. Friends of mine saw it stopping for fuel in Wilson NY on the way to the Erie canal south.

Walt Hoover