Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Anyone Know What Happened to This 56MY?

Quote Originally Posted by tom5518 View Post
    I think there is a route they use to truck big boats from the lake to a waterway north of there that has access to the Arkansas river. As I recall it's not that far and there aren't height restrictions.
    Width is the issue. Removing the bridge would take care of height issues, but it costs $$$$ to move anything over 16’ wide.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Judging by how vague the listing is, or how lazy the broker…, seems like nobody is going to travel there to look at that boat hence the price drop. One engine “rebuilt”, one original but no hours… no details or decent pictures of anythjng mechanical yet 20 pictures of the outside from 200 feet away. Trucking it is the least of a buyers worry.

I m always amazed at how extensive the river system is… it’s indeed a much shorter distance to the navigable part of the Arkansas river
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I'm always amazed at how extensive the river system is… it’s indeed a much shorter distance to the navigable part of the Arkansas river
    Wow. I never considered that but about 170 miles to the MKARNS (McClellan-Kerr Arkansas River Navigation System).

DAN

This boat is on fresh water lake in Texas. It's going to cost $30,000 to move it gulf of Mexico .
    Not including the cost to remove Fly bridge, props, shafts and rudders. also One motor need to be inspected to see if injectors are the only thing it needs. also has not been out of the water in 7 years. And talking to the broker it sounds like a project boat. But I'm going to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by tgotch View Post
    Price drop of $95k. Assume a survey came back poor.

Any inside knowledge?

https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/198...-body-6979589/

Quote Originally Posted by kaptain63 View Post
    This boat is on fresh water lake in Texas. It's going to cost $30,000 to move it gulf of Mexico .
    Not including the cost to remove Fly bridge, props, shafts and rudders. also One motor need to be inspected to see if injectors are the only thing it needs. also has not been out of the water in 7 years. And talking to the broker it sounds like a project boat. But I'm going to look at it.
    Eh...I paid $14k to truck a comparatively small sea ray from Texas to Florida a couple years ago. If I were you I'd carry healthy skepticism that anybody will move that boat from north TX to the GOM for $30k. Make your offer contingent on finding a shipper who will do it for some specified amount so you have an out.

I researched this a few years ago (pre pandemic) when there was a boat on the lake I was interested in. (There are in fact quite a few larger boats on that lake)

I would have gone down there and prepped and removed the bridge myself (with use of the local travel lift) to be put on supports I would build on the front deck. Ballpark number for this was 3-5 grand including my drive down there.

After that I was quoted in the high 20's/low 30's to get to the river. Boat was 50' long with over 16' beam.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

I've talked to the shipper that moved it to the lake 17 years ago. So I know what it will cost to move it to Clear lake in Houston. Just waiting getting a price to remove the fly bridge and other thing off the top of the boat. Also I'm going to see what wrong with the other engine, they say it only needs injectors. Trying to get prices to see if it worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by kaptain63 View Post
    they say it only needs injectors. Trying to get prices to see if it worth it.
    Needs injectors? That's funny.
    Get a real tech in there quickly.
    Labs on oil AND FUEL.

Sounds like typical broker speak. When it smokes, its always easy to say that it needs injectors and that its a cheap and simple fix. But what color is the smoke? Blue, Black White??

It could be just about anything. You won't know until you actually see what's going on and get someone on there to track it down.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

There is so much that’s wrong on that boat … it maybe the first time the engines are the least of the worries!
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat