Quote Originally Posted by kaptain63 View Post
I thought you might have seen the boat. That why I asked the question. I'm not defending the boat. I was just checking on prices for replacing injectors/engine over hall, shipping and tear down to move it. . My plan was to get it back to Florida and docked behind my house and start working on it. I have 3 years before I retire, so get it fixed up and go traveling. But after giving it some thought I'm going to pass on it. There's only one guy that can move it and if he can't I'm stuck with a boat on lake in Texas.
Hey Kap'n,

I think you're doing the right thing. I'm about 7 years from retiring and bought my retirement Hatt during COVID. Having it on the dock behind your house makes ALL the difference. Instead of wasting time in front of the idiot box at night, working on the boat has been a pleasure. You bring in a pro for the things you don't want to touch, and save a fortune doing the rest. Best of all, you'll know every inch of her by the time you're ready to cruise.

People like to disparage a boat with problems but a new paint job - lipstick on a pig. However, it seems like I always end-up replacing all the pumps and lines and endless accessories anyway because they wear out and age. Other than significant engine problems, painting the boat is probably the most expensive thing...and probably best left to professionals.

As this economy continues to tank and fuel prices are vomitus, something nice will pop-up closer to home. Might want to have a Hatteras veteran bring her home with you though! That first trip home was a doozy, with the steering lines blown and stuff going wrong everywhere, and mine was only 6 miles away.