Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Anyone Know What Happened to This 56MY?

Price drop of $95k. Assume a survey came back poor.

Any inside knowledge?

https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/198...-body-6979589/

Re: Anyone Know What Happened to This 56MY?

Quote Originally Posted by tgotch View Post
    Price drop of $95k. Assume a survey came back poor.

Any inside knowledge?

https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/198...-body-6979589/
    The problem with that boat is that 30 years ago somebody with oil money had it trucked out to a landlocked lake on the Oklahoma/Texas border where it's a bunch of bow riders and pontoon boats, then that giant thing. That is where it is now. To get it out of there you would have to take half the boat apart and move it by road. I heard the lowest estimate was like $100k with no guarantee that it won't be more. I guess if you live in whatever part of Oklahoma or Texas that lake is in, it could be a good deal. For everybody else, that is obviously not much of a selling feature.

Interesting that you can even get diesel on that lake. Or maybe you can't and they have to truck it in. What would be the closest place you could launch it, assuming you could get it onto a lowboy boat moving trailer to get it out of there? Looks like Houston, unless there's an inland waterway that it could navigate.

Quite a project.

You would probably have to take the bridge off, radar arch, etc. And the beam is 18'2". You would occupy two lanes all the way to Houston.

I've been on that boat--it is a bit rough and very dirty despite being under cover in a slip for years. Mechanically I am not sure of her condition but her decks seemed solid and the hull is in decent shape. The interior is a time warp and could definitely use freshening.

In terms of the lake it is on--Lake Texoma is quite large and there are quite a few very large yachts on it including Hatteras, Chris Craft, Carver Voyagers so diesel fuel availability isn't an issue.

Those big boats got in there some how.
    I see no locks and the dam was built in 1943.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ralph View Post
    Those big boats got in there some how.
    I see no locks and the dam was built in 1943.
    Truck transport's the only option on that lake.

Trucking a boat that size would be quite an undertaking even out West. I imagine they ran it to Houston on her own bottom and then loaded it there- maybe took the bridge off etc.

I think there is a route they use to truck big boats from the lake to a waterway north of there that has access to the Arkansas river. As I recall it's not that far and there aren't height restrictions.

10. Re: Anyone Know What Happened to This 56MY?

Quote Originally Posted by tom5518 View Post
    I think there is a route they use to truck big boats from the lake to a waterway north of there that has access to the Arkansas river. As I recall it's not that far and there aren't height restrictions.
    THIS. But I’ve had truckers tell me that in recent years, urban sprawl has made it much more difficult than it used to be. There are now traffic lights on cables that used to not be there. With the price of RE skyrocketing, this might be the opportunity to get one’s toe into Texas on the cheap.