Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

New member with a 28SF Hatt project

Hello,

Jason here. just joined. Sold my renovated blackfin last fall and just came into possession of a 28Hatteras hull #29. Amazing how sound this thing is structurally for a 50 yr old hull. shes going to get a full make over over the next few years, thinking Yanmar 4lv250's ought to be pretty fuel efficient and move her pretty good.. Im doing the work in upstate NY near lake ontario, but will end up leaving her on the space coast someplace, to make runs back and forth to some property i have in the Bahamas down the road.

Lookin forward to the forum here, seems to be a wealth of knowledge.

bow.jpgrear.jpg29.jpg

Re: New member with a 28SF Hatt project

That looks like a nice project. Best of luck with it and please keep us updated. I, for one, need to see progress being made on something. Especially a Hatteras.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Likewise. They are great little boats- very sturdy as you mentioned. This was the smallest Hatteras yacht built, but with the same quality and hardware that the bigger ones had. Keep us posted, and welcome aboard.

Good luck with the project I’ve just restored a 45 that I already owned for some time now. It was due. That said, these older boats are more or less scaled up or scaled down versions of the same boat so to speak. If you need advice on window removal, core repairs, weak spots or areas to leave alone send me a pm I did just about everything one could do with no corner cutting.

Congratulations and welcome aboard. If I could make one recommendation, do not throw anything away Until you were absolutely positive of where it goes and what it was used for and that you know you’ll never use it again. In that case post it on this forum because there are a lot of guys and gals who need parts off of older HATTERAS’s. Good luck in your restoration, all you need is a gallon of elbow grease and a real thick wallet. Stay the course and make it fun. Thanks for bringing her back.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Thanks all. Will get a build thread going here shortly. ive been cleaning her for feels like 2 weeks, will be pulling the motors out in the next few weeks.

Echoing the others: nice project! Welcome aboard and best of luck...

DAN