Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: 1983 53 MY Hallandale Florida

Yes that is the video . Has anyone been aboard ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    You won’t get a sea trial without a signed contract. But the contract being subject to acceptance after sea trial you have nothing to loose. If the boat doesn’t perform to your expectations, you can back off. Same after survey… if there are too many issue and you can’t come to an agreement with the seller either on repairs or a price adjustment you can back up out

I strongly suggest you use a buyers broker since you don’t seem to know about the process.

Which model is the 1993? Production of the 53 ended in the 80s
    Hey Pascal,

Im also in South Florida. Who would you recommend as far as surveyor for the MYs down here?

Thanks,
    J

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorSpeed View Post
    Curious to see that video and read comments, Cant seem to find it. Incidentally No Rush 1987 53 MY in AL is also on my list of potentials based just on internet browsing.
    Eh, unless they want to give specifics about exactly what they were asking for that the sellers didn't agree to, then I wouldn't necessarily discount the boat. My own experience with buying and selling boats over the years leads me to believe that buyers are often unreasonable. A lot of them will just put an offer in to take the boat off the market then try and use the repair recommendations to cut the price by 1/3-1/2, with zero intention to ever pay anything close to the contract price from the beginning. I would take it with a grain of salt unless you get details on exactly what was wrong with it. Any good surveyor is probably going to find $50k worth of stuff that *could* be done on a large powerboat that's more than a couple years old.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorSpeed View Post
    Hey Pascal,

Im also in South Florida. Who would you recommend as far as surveyor for the MYs down here?

Thanks,
    J
    I ve used Robert Garay for the last two boats I ve had surveyed as a captain (lazzara 84 in 2016 and lazzara 116 a year ago) He was pretty good.

For engines, stay away from Florida Detroit MTU. They did the survey on the 116 and 30 hours later we had to rebuild the port 16V2000s… and we re about to rebuild the starboard one a year later
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Ask for a mini pre sea trial,would save some money . Pascal suggests this idea.

If you can get them to agree to it, but I think the usual course of events is that the sea trial follows an accepted offer, doesn't it?

If the potential buyer paid for fuel and captain ,you wouldn’t thing there would much of an objection. With all the opt out clauses written in the contract ,it sure would save time.