Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Water Pressure Issue - Dockside - 1977 58’ MY

Have an issue where the hose from the dock to the boat was full of algae and clogged up the entire water system! I assume the clog is at the regulator/check valve which is a real PITA to get at. Water from the fresh water holding tank works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by finatic View Post
    Have an issue where the hose from the dock to the boat was full of algae and clogged up the entire water system! I assume the clog is at the regulator/check valve which is a real PITA to get at. Water from the fresh water holding tank works fine.
    On the out side of the valve I had a screen, perhaps you have the same on yours. Might be just clean the screen and be done with it. On second thought sounds too easy doesn’t it. lol

How old is the supply hose and have you purged it prior to hooking up to the boat? Hoses have a habit of growing plenty of green crap in them in the heat which all ends up getting pushed into the regulator and related plumbing…