Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Water Pressure Issue - Dockside - 1977 58’ MY

I’ve got good pressure when I first turn on faucets, but within a matter of 3 or 4 minutes it slows to a trickle.

Dock water is on and I have great dock water pressure. I’ve got two regulator’s, one labeled dockside water, the other before the galley maid water pump. I’ve messed with the adjustments on both with no impact, there are not gauges on the regulators. I’ve tried the water hook ups on both port and starboard, same results on both.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Re: Water Pressure Issue - Dockside - 1977 58’ MY

This my sounds stupid but it’s happened to me. Take the aerators off each of the Fossetts and clean them out mine were clogged with all kinds of sand and debris which took the water pressure to almost a trickle. Also if you have a screen on your water put you might want to clean that as well.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Many mfgs use inline pressure regulators on each dock service inlet...
    And, they seize up.
    If the regulator piston is seized, making that screw adjustment is a waist of time.
    The good rush of water you get for a moment is proof that your accumulator is working or good residual pressure from the ships plumbing.
    Locate them, ensure a 3/4" (1/2"??) female on each end and replace them with another cheap set of regulators.
    You should get another 20 years out of them.
    Last edited by Captain Ralph; 06-02-2022 at 12:16 AM.

Had the same issue recently with my port side dock water pressure regulator. Grainier sold the cheapest 1/2” replacement @$150. Best of luck.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Long time ago had same problem - take regulator of and clean out junk . Still have the original 1987 MY
    Clean both starboard and port reg.

The pressure regulator has a filters that tends to get clogued. Take it out.

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    This my sounds stupid but it’s happened to me. Take the aerators off each of the Fossetts and clean them out mine were clogged with all kinds of sand and debris which took the water pressure to almost a trickle. Also if you have a screen on your water put you might want to clean that as well.
    Yeah thanks for feedback - did that and it helped with initial pressure, but still drops off to a trickle in a few minutes.

Talking Re: Water Pressure Issue - Dockside - 1977 58’ MY

I will second Rusty’s suggestion if you have not done it already. At the facets take off the aerators and you will most likely find silt and sand blocking them up. This happened to me and that was the solution. Sometimes it’s the simplest things, but only after you have already spent a boat buck hunting!🤣
    John
    1981 58 Yachtfish Hull 477
    Wickford RI

Sorry, just reread your post.
    John
    1981 58 Yachtfish Hull 477
    Wickford RI

Thanks everyone for your comments and ideas. The problem turned out to be the screen within the dockside regulator. Rather simple fix. Your comments got me to the solution.