Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Hatteras 41TC Original Parts for Sale

Much of the portable furniture in early Hatteras yachts was made by known furniture companies, like Castro, that probably did business in High Point. The hi-lo tables were VERY durable, but huge for the boat interiors.

Castro Convertibles. As I remember, these were convertible sofa-beds advertised heavily in the 1960s and apparently even earlier.

*Who’s the first to conquer living space
    It’s in-con-tra-vertible
    That the first to conquer living space
    Is the Castro Convertible

Who conquers space with fine design
    who saves you money all the time
    who’s tops in the convertible line
    Cas-tro convertible!*

If you lived in the NYC area in the 50s and 60s, you heard this on the radio ALL the time. I didn't know, until I bought a Hatteras, that Castro made things other than convertible sofas.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Castro Convertibles. As I remember, these were convertible sofa-beds advertised heavily in the 1960s and apparently even earlier.

*Who’s the first to conquer living space
    It’s in-con-tra-vertible
    That the first to conquer living space
    Is the Castro Convertible

Who conquers space with fine design
    who saves you money all the time
    who’s tops in the convertible line
    Cas-tro convertible!*

If you lived in the NYC area in the 50s and 60s, you heard this on the radio ALL the time. I didn't know, until I bought a Hatteras, that Castro made things other than convertible sofas.
    And the little girl in the ads and logo was Bernadette Castro who later became the NYC Parks Commissioner. Indirectly, that's how I ended up being able to say I've peed at Gracie Mansion. And before you all get snarky, I did use a bathroom.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

The table was a little too big for our 41 ft. boat. We brought it home but can't find a good spot for it's use. I figured a Hatteras boat owner may want it before I sell at a garage sale.
    This thing is 87 lbs.!!! I made sure to post the weight because the size, weight and building a crate for shipping may be more than the table is worth.
    We are retired, so if you live in an area within a couple days drive from SW La. and it's a decent vacation destination, my wife and I may deliver. I would have to discuss the destination with her first.

And as newly licensed drivers we boys thought it was hilarious to ask a girl if she would like to have a ride in our Castro Convertible!
    Jim Grove, Fanfare 1966 50MY Hull #22 (Delivered Jan. 7, 1966)

"LIFE IS JUST ONE DAMNED THING AFTER ANOTHER." Frank Ward O'Malley, Journalist, Playwright 1875-1932

Random boat trivia, when I was a kid back in the 1980's my dad kept his boat behind the Castros' boat at Daytona Marina & Boatworks. It was a 100'+ Feadship with a 6 person crew who were always doing something or another to it, always was absolutely flawless. In the better part of 10 years I never saw the thing leave the dock. They'd fly down and have cocktails on the aft deck and then fly back to New York.

We had the same table in white formica on our '72 43DC, and my wife uses it at home now as her desk!
    Brett Portzer 1972 Hatteras 43DC331
    2019- SUPERNOVA Waterford, NY
    1977-2019 CAROL-SUE Baltimore, MD
    1972-1977 C.VALPRISANN IV Boston, MA

We have the same table too and it's in the living room of our river house. I believe it weighs every bit of 87lbs.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

Someone is coming to pick up the table next week. If he changes his mind, I will let everyone know.

I know it's probably too late but did you sell the mast?
    Family Tides - 1969 41' Twin Cabin
    Mema - 1984 17' Boston Whaler Montauk
    High Bar Harbor Yacht Club
    Barnegat Light NJ