Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: What size tender? (inflatable)

Update: Takacat tender.

O.K. So finally a late update. While I was kind of o.k. with the Takacat, the admiral didn't care for it, it felt to unstable to her. I will admit, it was light and as you moved around on it or tried to get on it, it also moved. I thought it would be good as it would allow the front end to press down and allow easy boarding when on a beach or trying to get the dogs on it the water. That parts was true but the admiral just didn't care for the feel of it. Also with sitting on the tubes your legs are scrunched up and it was not comfortable to sit on for any period of time. All and all a good product, just not for us.

So..... We picked up a nice used 2002 Boston Whaler 130 Sport with a 30HP two stroke. Love it, but it only has the bench seats which will make your back ache unless you are a teenager. So we will be adding some seats to it with backrests - a pretty typical upgrade to these boats.

Now the battle will be seeing if we can store it up top, it's going to be bigger than will look right, and a bit heavy. Not sure our davit will lift it, so I need to research that.

We tooled around quite a bit over the weekend with the Boston Whaler and I am amazed how it took 1-2 foot chop. The entire weekend we only got one drop of splash on us. Nice boat! I think we will use it a lot more due to the comfort and confidence it brings.

The Takacat is for sale if anyone is interested.
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name

Re: What size tender? (inflatable)

My tender is an 11' whaler. I tried a 13' but the outboard stuck out over the side and my boat lives in a covered slip with lots of pilings, it was only a matter of time before I knocked it into one. The 11' while small gets the job done and seats 4 if you're real familiar with each other lol