Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Removable/Hinge TV Mount on 1991 Hatt 41 Convertible?

Hey guys - we have a 1991 Hatteras 41 convertible. Previous owners mounted a flatscreen TV on the port side cabinet facing aft. The challenge was that the mounting was permanent and it eliminated the main access to the cabinets (And these boats are already short on space).

We removed the permanent mount, so we can access the cabinets.

However, I would love a way to "hang" the TV off the cabinets or some other "hinge" that would work to allow the TV to swing away when we need to get into the cabinets. We have looked at the normal home "swing" TV mounts, but they require a wall behind the TV - right where our cabin doors are.

Has anyone seen any better ideas?

thanks
    Steve

Here are some photos... first one is our boat (no TV) and the second one is where we would like to mount the TV (but have it removable or hinged)

IMG_86AE77226C3F-1.jpgScreen Shot 2022-05-14 at 11.45.36 AM.jpg

Re: Removable/Hinge TV Mount on 1991 Hatt 41 Convertible?

(Sorry: away from the boat so no pics)

I went to monoprice.com and bought a "corner mount" with a big hinge and mounted it to the outside of the cabinet between that and the window (out of sight in other words).
    https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=8586

Looking at the third picture, I mounted the rightmost flat plate with the visible side directly to the cabinet outer left wall with through bolts, but enough back into the salon to let the two bars clear the cabinet front edge.

The middle hinge I "over articulated" by pushing it backwards in the photo.

The hinged part came forward and my TV also covers the front of the cabinet, but with the important difference that it will swing left flat against the windows when I open it up like a door to get to the cabinet front, then back for viewing.

One of the main reasons for me was to not drill ugly permanent holes into the cabinet front.

DAN
    Last edited by drburke; 05-15-2022 at 01:39 PM.

Re: Removable/Hinge TV Mount on 1991 Hatt 41 Convertible?

Thanks. Great solution. Much appreciated.