Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Current Bahamas travel - Clearance procedures

We got NAAT test at Walgreens. This is an accepted PCR test....not a rapid antigen. It took less than 2 hours to get the results. Walgreens was calling this "LiveNow".
    I have a copy of the Order that stipulates that so long as you can establish you proceeded directly from the States, the 72 hour will be extended. See Pascal's reference re GPS track and photo.

Thanks guys.

Pascal. I didn't know there was a "Rapid" PCR test, but I did find it locally here in SW Florida and we're scheduled for 5/23. THANKS for the heads up on that.

Amazingly I tried googling PCR test with same day results for hours and "rapid PCR" didn't come once.

In my opinion, this "process" reflects VERY adversely on the Bahamas and I think that's a shame. A few years ago, an officer clearing me in at Palm Bay wanted a $50. "service fee". I said "No!". She called over marina staff and I offered to call headquarters. It ended there.
    I'm trying to "register" for "Click2Clear".....and it's not going well nNothing is uploading and I suspect it's because of the Android OS.
    Pascal ...one boat. Do all pax have to register on "Click2Clear" or only "Master"?

Yes you have to upload passports and health visas for everybody on board…

I ve done a few trips now using the system, not the most user friendly website but it works
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Good morning,

Registration is only required for persons importing goods into the country. Once an application is approved, that is the end of the process for individual users. You will proceed to your broker who will prepare paperwork on your behalf. There are no login credentials for individual profiles hence why you were not required to choose one.

Please note that all notifications in relation to declarations will be sent via email to the email provided at the time or registration.

ITU Help Desk
    Bahamas Customs & Excise Department

You're welcome. Yes, a cruising permit is required.

A username or password/registration is not required to create cruising permits. The login feature is used only by licensed brokers and couriers when clearing goods.

To access the website click this link https://www.besw.gov.bs/TFBSEW/cusLogin/signin.cl then click the yellow "Request Cruising Permit" button. Click on "Pleasure Vessel" and "Create Inbound".

If doing it from your phone or tablet, you need to tap the menu icon at the top left (3 dashes) and select “Pleasure craft” then “create inbound”

Note that if you have travelled to the bahamas using Click2Clear before you can save some entry time by cloning the last trip…. Instead of “create inbound”, select “search inbound”. Select existing, type your last rotation number and boat doc or Reg and submit. It will pull your data. In the next screen tap the three dots next to your boat name and select “clone”. You will get a new rotation number with a lot of the data already carried over from your last trip
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Forgive me, Pascal but your job requires that you expend valuable time complying with this bureaucratic morass. I have wasted literally hours trying...and trying...to complete the requisite forms and at each step, I've encountered some sort of "freeze" or roadblock and am unable to proceed . I may be exaggerating my skill-set yet I honestly don't think I'm stupid and I know others are doing it without issue on a daily basis....so it MUST be me!!! The Bahamas may not care but I'm sure there are others like me who will say; "To hell with this!"
    At this point, I'll get the Health Visa and show up at Customs and "deal with it".

Pascal,

Do you have time to talk by telephone for a few? I'd like to get some specific Exumas/Eleuthera information that you might be able to help.

If you could PM me your tel# and a good time to talk, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks
    J

Buggy, I agree the website is terrible. Having done a lot programming and coding, as far back as the mid 80s and also some website programming, I am pretty good as find work around and short cuts. You re not the only one struggling with it, Click2Clear is frequent topic on various bahamas cruising groups

Zigzag, pm sent
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat