Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Current Bahamas travel - Clearance procedures

Planning on crossing tomorrow from Key Largo. We are double vaxed and boosted so only required a rapid test. Did them on board and online with emed test kits ordered before the trip. It actually works even for my boomer ass. In about 20 minutes we had test results and submitted them by internet and got our health visas. Hopefully going to make Chubb tomorrow and will do click to clear again. Needed a lot of help last year so maybe better this year.

We're now in Staniel. Left Highbourne this morning.
    We found the Health Visa app easy to use...straightforward. I had a heck of a time with Click2Clear and voiced my objections (to little avail) to the Ministry. At Chubb, clearing took awhile and they were quick to ask;" Have you submitted online?" What was funny was that the Customs officer had trouble with the app and called Nassau for directions.
    In Highbourne, I met a software designer. He praised the Health Visa app.....and had nothing positive to say about Click2Clear. Good luck and enjoy!!
    One thing.....last night in Highbourne, at a "social gathering", one lady remarked that she had to submit a health report survey daily. Nobody else had that requirement.

Yeah, whoever put together the health visa system certainly did not get the contract for Click2Clear

The requirement for daily survey depends on vax status… non vaxed have to fill the daily survey, vaxed do not.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Thx, Pascal. Question....we had a US flagged 90' overtaking us yesterday angling to Sandy Cay. We had to take immediate evasive action to avoid collision. Is that reportable to USCG?
    I think it's the same boat now anchored off Big Major; a "disco boat"......flashing lights and thumping bass until around 2:00 am!!