Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

53 Hatteras sportfish for sale

Hi guys. Does anyone recognize this 1980 53 Hatteras Sportfish? Looks great in picks but price seems fairly cheap for what this vessel has on it. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated! https://bluewateryachtsales.com/inve...-1980/2788455/

Re: 53 Hatteras sportfish for sale

This boat is a yachtfisherman, not a sportfisherman. Prospective buyers might do well to find out the legal issues, if any, around buying a US-built vessel in a foreign country and bringing it back into the USA. Looks like a clean boat.

Also, this boat appears to have a Fischer-Panda generator set. These are said to be very quiet- I've seen them running and you can barely hear them. However, IIRC the generator end is cooled by a seawater coil around it which I've been told has a tendency to corrode and leak.
    Last edited by jim rosenthal; 04-30-2022 at 08:35 PM.

She is owned by a family from the the UK. The listing broker sold them the boat and will be familiar with the boat and where she is registered. Returning to US Documentation should not be an issue.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Too bad it’s not the two stateroom version, unless you’re into crowding into smaller spaces.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Too bad it’s not the two stateroom version, unless you’re into crowding into smaller spaces.
    Randy, I thought you liked those kind of parties🤣
    John
    1981 58 Yachtfish Hull 477
    Wickford RI

I was very impressed with all pictures till that d$#% Gen-set pic came up.
    I do dis-like Fisher Pandas very much. I can only guess, it was just available down in the islands.
    For the price point, very impressive.
    Mixed electronics confused me also but all looked current and serviceable.
    Those Detroit engines looked clean and sweet.

Based on bringing our boat back into the states, it was not an issue with help from the correct agent.

Last edited by Captain Ralph; 05-01-2022 at 08:08 PM.