Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Check out the asking price on this 53

Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Re: Check out the asking price on this 53

First rule of negotiating - never make your final offer first.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Hope he gets it. If so I just made an extra 100k. Plus
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Nicely maintained vintage Hatteras are way, way too cheap. That's what my neighbor paid for his new 30' Pursuit...and it has problems.

Also, I think I've overly discounted the importance of things like putting in new bowl sinks and new storage...and new flooring from Discount Lumber Liquidators like on this boat. Wives want to see that stuff - and that's $$.

Somebody with their schmidt together should start a firm which will update boats like ours in this way. Replace the counters and sinks, add some pull out storage and get everything clean and modernized looking. Give them $25k to update your aesthetics and add $50k in value. That would be a successful biz if done quickly and correctly.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C

Our neighbors are a carver and a swift trawler. their bias is that we own antiques without enough 'electronic information'. Their price point and basic problems would seem ridiculous to most of us. I hope that it trades with a 3 handle. Clean beautiful boat. good luck.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

No issue with that price at all. Hope they get it.

If you re going to pull the DDs to rebuilt them, better spend a little more and repower. Otherwise it is a nice boat

“Carver and Swift Trawler”.. lol.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I didn’t even see that it had stabilizers, and the highly upgraded and recent electronics will be a big seller.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

On second look the Interior looks to have been done on the cheap. They didn’t even bother updating the awful fluorescent lights in the heads…. Wet bar seems be cheap Formica, maybe the head counter as well. Can’t tell for sure. Flooring in the salon is not “custom teak” but “engineered” flooring. Aft deck furniture wastes a ton of space and salon is cramped. No galley pictures.. original blue cruisairs, yes they were good back then but they’re over 40 years old. Doesn’t seem to have any cushions for the windows and bench…

If you re asking these kind of prices you don’t do a “preliminary” listing… you really make the boat attractive.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I would think the freshwater history and winter indoor storage count for something, but I can't ever recall this model selling at that price. Some people may like the renovation, esp of the heads. Not everyone. Seems like a very optimistic asking price.